Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherwin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 09:57 PM
    Basement septic tanks
    Can septic tanks be located at basements?if yes, how to pump the discharged water from the outlet pipe of the tank going to the street sewer line?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 28, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Why would anyone wish to place a septic system in their basement? Besides you don't need to install a septic tank if you have connections to the city sewer. Are you perhaps thinking of a sewerage pit and ejection pump where you can install a basement bath room if the sewer outlet's above the basement floor? Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic smell in basement [ 1 Answers ]

OK... I want to start by saying I have done my homework over the past several weeks and several times thought I had this problem licked. I consider myself a handyman but this problem has got me stumped. We moved into this house in June 2005. In late October 2005 my wife and I noticed a foul...

Septic Smell in Basement [ 1 Answers ]

Over the last few months we have noticed a "septic" smell progressively getting worse in one corner of our basement that also travels through our air intake vent into the house. This seems to happen when we do laundry, dishes or baths. I have had my tank pumped regularly. I do have a sump hole...

Septic smell in basement [ 7 Answers ]

I've been reading many Q&As bbout septic smells and none seem to fit our problem. This house has a 4 year old system with a pump in a chamber in the ground. It was pumped 6 months ago, there are only two of us living here, no unused drains (dry trap), and no basement drains. The smell seems to come...

Septic odor in basement [ 1 Answers ]

When it rains steady or hard, I always get a septic smell in my basement. I have had my septic tank pumped and inspected. Everything checked out fine. I made sure all the traps in the house were not dry. I ran water through all of them. I was told that it could be my vent pipe on my roof. There is...

View more questions Search