Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve f h Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Smelly well water.
    I’m on a well and the water smells really unpleasant. Actually its past unpleasant, its bad. How do I determine the cause (understand it could be in the pipes?) and what options do I have?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Has it always been smelly, is this something new.

Is the water table very low now.

In some areas, I remember Eldorado Springs MO, even the city water smells bad, it is the sulfar in the ground, Have you tested the water right out of the well ?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2007, 01:32 PM
    If it is a problem with sulfur... you can get a filter to filter out the sulfur I am not sure if it will remove the smell. Also note that there will be yellow or roange sludge on the inside of your facuet, depending on how bad the problem is. Also there is an egg smell.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 22, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Having the water tested would probably be a good idea. How old are the pipes/plumbing and the well?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smelly fridge water [ 3 Answers ]

I have bought a house and when I got the key the refrigerator was turned off and the doors closed, so you can imagine the smell. I cleaned it, changed the water filter but the water is still smelly. How can I get rid of the smelly water? Nicholas

Smelly Cold Water [ 29 Answers ]

We had our kitchen remodeled about 1 yr ago. All plumbing was moved to a different location in the room. In the last few months, the cold water in the sink started to smell and had a bad taste. After you run the faucet for about 5 minutes, the water does not smell, but after you leave it for a...

Smelly Water [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why I would have a Urine smell in my hot water, only in one bathroom? Thanks, Kevin Miller [email protected]

View more questions Search