Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    regcar2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Delta shower faucet leaks, how do I install seat and spring
    My delta shower faucet is leaking, how do I install the seat and spring correctly ?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 09:05 PM
    I have tried to find a good explanation of repairing a DELTA shower faucet

Most good hardware stores have repair kits for these faucets

Believe they give a detailed drawing and tell you how to repair them

Delta Faucet - Faucet Repair, Maintenance and Installation Information for your Delta Faucets

Rate my answer if it helps you
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 20, 2007, 05:58 AM
    This should help. Biggsie put it up and all I did was expand on it a little. You should be able to shut off the water and using the diagram locate the seats and springs. The part number is 4 and any Delta dealer carries them. While you have the valve open turn the waqter back on for a minute to flush out the supplies and valve bosy. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stripped out seat in shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a seat wrench from my local hardware store to remove a seat that is chipped in my shower. I used the wrench on the seat and it was so old (my guess is 15 years or so) that it just stripped out the metal and now I can not get the wrench to turn it at all. I have called a few plumbers and...

Need to replace 'O' rings and Gaskets in Delta Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

My Delta faucet which is probably 30 years old constantly drips. I have replaced the shower head so know it is the faucet. It is a single handle push up for on and twist to the right or left for temperature control. How do I replace the o rings and gaskets? Thank you

Replace seat in Shower Faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have an American Standard 2 Handle Shower faucet. I am familiar with replacing the washer, stem and handles. It looks like there is a small break on the seat of this faucet. Question, is the seat replacable and how do you remove it? Model # I believe is 1800 or 1805. Thanks in advance for...

Install Single Lever Shower Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for information on installing a single lever shower faucet. This will need conversion from the existing 2-faucet that is there now.

Delta Shower Faucet twists apart [ 1 Answers ]

After a bit of foolishness, I found myself with a 9 year old Delta Shower Faucet Valve body in my hands in two pieces. The cartridge housing was in one hand, and the brass cross was in the other. Three copper tubes were severed. Each copper tube approaching the valve had a union on it relatively...

View more questions Search