Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenizepoohbear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Priming the pump
    My parents are out of town and when I came to check on the house I went to the restroom and flushed, it wouldn't no water was in the tank, I have heard my dad talk about sometimes he has to prime the pump, I'm wondering how I do this?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 7, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kenizepoohbear
    My parents are out of town and when I came to check on the house I went to the restroom and flushed, it wouldn't no water was in the tank, I have heard my dad talk about sometimes he has to prime the pump, I'm wondering how I do this?
    Ok, shut the power off to the pump at the breaker box. Now look on top of the impeller cage and seea small 1/4" threaded plug,( sometimes a gage is installed in it's place), Remove the plug,or gage, and fill the openb hole until water runs out. Replace the plug/gage and turn the pump back on. This should restore the pumps prime. If it's impossible to fill the impeller cage then you have a faulty check valve and it must be replaced. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Priming a burks water pump [ 1 Answers ]

I would to know how I prime my water pump. It's a Burk brand pump.

Priming Sprinkler Pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have just replaced my 2 hp sprinkler pump and all of the line leading from the ground. I did replace my check valve. I cannot get my pump to prime. I did check for air and I did fill the pump with water. I have done this before with no problems except for changing the check valve. Any...

Priming an above ground water pump [ 2 Answers ]

The water in my shallow well went below the pipe last summer and my pump needs priming. When I turn it on it has pressure in the tank but no water. How do I prime this above ground water pump?

View more questions Search