Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Dec 10, 2005, 10:05 PM
    Leaky breasts
    :confused: I haven't even gotten a positive test result back and finally my insurance kicked in but I haven't had the chance to make a dr.appt for a blood test yet due to a very hectic work schedule. My question to you ladies is... Has anyone every had their breasts leak during early pregnancy? If so how early? I have read everything I can get my hands on and nothing has any info on early leaking in pregnant. I should start my period on the 13th so I will know then if it's all in my head... thanks for any input you can give me ladies. I'm kind of curious if this might happen to women that might already have children and have had their bodies go through the hormonal fluctuations of pregnancy. If I remember right that's how I knew I was pg with my youngest. :confused:
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2005, 05:40 AM
    My wife had a miscarriage at 8 weeks pregnant. After a while she noticed her breasts were leaking even after. Apparently it is normal for some to start producing milk early early in the pregnancy.

Joe
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 11, 2005, 09:10 AM
    I had that happen when I was only a few months pregnant with my 5 yearold. In fact when I was a little kid I would for some strange reason have this problem. Kids aren't suppose to have breast milk.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Dec 11, 2005, 11:10 AM
    I have heard of some children having that happen. If I'm am pg *waiting to test* I'll be around eight weeks. I guess it must be pretty normal.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 11, 2005, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    :confused: I haven't even gotten a positive test result back and finally my insurance kicked in but I haven't had the chance to make a dr.appt for a blood test yet due to a very hectic work schedual. My question to you ladies is.... Has anyone every had their breasts leak during early pregnancy? If so how early? I have read everything I can get my hands on and nothing has any info on early leaking in preg. I should start my period on the 13th so I will know then if it's all in my head... thanks for any input you can give me ladies. I'm kinda curious if this might happen to women that might already have children and have had their bodies go through the hormonal fluctuations of pregnancy. If i remember right thats how I knew I was pg with my youngest. :confused:
    Dear Myth. This could be linked to your hormone levels, and be completely normal. When I was in the beginning of my menopausal stage, I even leaked every now and then, and my daughter was already in her 20's. I hope you have your doctor's appointment soon and that the news is all good. The doctor should also tell you that leaking is normal every now and then, so don't worry.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Dec 11, 2005, 03:49 PM
    When I was carring my daughter, I started breat milk at only 3 month, so it is pretty much normal, in the first trimester, good luck, make sure you write down all you questions for the doctor, because if you are anything like me you will get in there and forget everything you wanted to ask in the first place.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 11, 2005, 05:03 PM
    Myth, I don't have kids yet, I've been focusing on my job and other things right now, but I would like to have one someday. Leaky breasts is normal during pregnancy. The leaking is a fluid called colostrum (milk). It means your breasts are growing and developing during your pregnancy and are now producing this rich, high-protein pre-milk, ready for when your baby is born. For some women, this starts quite early, and for others it doesn't start until just before labor. When you are out and about, wearing breast pads inside your bra will help with absorption and prevent wet patches appearing on your clothes.
    habibi23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 11:36 PM
    I have a somewhat similar (although somewhat diff too lol) situation. I started leaking 5 months ago... thought I might be pg, took a test & it came back negative. I was so worried about it... and researching what can cause it if you're not pg didn't help either. About 2 months later, not only had it not stopped but I found out that I was pg... but not nearly that far along lol - I'm about 3 months along now... still leaking, although a bit more than before. Is just odd...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breasts [ 2 Answers ]

Well I have a 2 year old baby girl and I still have milk in both of my breasts. The milk is thick and smell funny, it that normal? Thank you adriana

Leaky breasts [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me.. :( My breast is leak about two and half month.. I don't know what to do,, at first I think it is sign of pregnancy.. my test is negative.. I don't know what that means.. and I have period regularly.. is it harmful or what.. thanks sailo

Help with leaky breasts [ 3 Answers ]

Well my question is, if I am not breastfeeding, is there a way to stop my breasts from leaking? They don't hurt or anything, but they definitely leak a lot. Should they just dry up over non-use? And should I avoid manually pumping them? Thanks for any help! :D

No Sore Breasts [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This may sound like a silly question, but has anyone ever been pregnant and didn't have sore or swollen breasts? How soon does this normally happen?

View more questions Search