Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjcol50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Shower Valve Stem Adapter
    I have an old Symmons shower valuve and recently purchased a new Kohler shower head/handel system. The problem is, the stem valve for the Kohler shower handel doesn't fit onto the old shower valve? I JUST finished a tile surround and am not about to open that wall back up to instal a new shower valve. What are my options? Can I get some type of adapter, or different valve stem to connect my new Kohler shower control to my old (Symmons I think) valve? Any help at all??

Thanks,
    Mike
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 09:40 PM
    You must use symmons parts to repair a symmons valve. I hope you did not 'tile over' and now the symmons parts will not work because the do not protrude far enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I install a hot and cold valve stem for a bathtub? [ 8 Answers ]

I need to know if anyone can send me the steps for installing hot and cold valve stems for a bathtub and if you can send a diagram of a normal bathtub bathtub and what each part is so I can help my brother-in-law and sister get their bathtub fixed. Please respond as soon as you can. Thanks.

Shower stem [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get a stem out or a shower that is stuck?

Stuck valve stem [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remove the valve stem in the shower (hot water) and I can't get the stem to come out. The piece that has the flat sides (only 2) I believe is supposed to unscrew and it won't budge. I would like to avoid breaking it but it won't budge. What can I try?

Single price pfister stem valve [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Single turn knob for my shower made By Price Pfister. The valve needs replacing. Removing the knob and un-screwing the metal Circular cylinder, I’m left with the stem valve. From the front, It is circular with two tabs, one On top and bottom. With a screw driver from the Back tabs,...

Tub/shower valve stem [ 7 Answers ]

Hello,I will like to know can a tub valve stem get restricted with sediment and block Water flow till you get hardly nothing or just a stream?It has been leaking for Quite a while now and has gotten worser.I already have an existing sediment Build up from galvanized pipes.I been tapping the...

View more questions Search