Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whizkid1357 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Continuous hissing sound+water gurgle in master bath sink
    I have a continuous hissing sound in the master bath sink and it seems to be coming from underneath the sink.I get the hissing sound even after shutting down both the hot and cold water supply to the sink.Whenever I start and shut-down the other adjacent sink,flush the adjacent toilet or start/shut-down the adjacent jet tub, I hear some sound in the master bath sink for a few seconds.It then reverts to its continuous hissing sound. There is no water leakage anywhere.
    Also, after all the water gets drained in the sink, I hear a gurgle towards the end.
    The sink is a moen faucet with 2 knobs: one for hot and another for cold water. All connections in the sink seem snug and secure. Hot and cold water are working absolutely fine.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Whiz
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 10:04 PM
    Peek under that sink, do you see an aav [air admittance valve]? Google studor vent

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water backfilling from kitchen sink into bath tub [ 2 Answers ]

Hi was wondering what might be causing this problem by chance I just bought this home for a reasonable price had to do some plumbing work on it but the bath tub water will not go down I've snaked and used chemicals to get it to go but nothing as well the kitchen sink water backs up into the bath...

Low water pressure in master bath only [ 2 Answers ]

The water pressure in our bath/shower is very poor regardless of hot or cold. I took a stab and replaced the tub/shower valve which made no difference. All other fixtures in the house have surprisingly high water pressure. When the water is coming out of the bath fixture, the shower head sounds...

No hot water in master bath tub [ 1 Answers ]

I have no hot water in my master bath, bath tub. What could the problem be?

Smelly drains, horrible tasting water in master bath, kitchen [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, We live in a condo that is about 1 year old. There are 2 levels to our duplex, one is on ground level, one is below ground. There are 5 other units in the building. We live in Chicago, where the sewers are at street level. Don't know if any of that is important. Anyway, in the last 2...

Good water pressure in Master Bath, but no where else [ 3 Answers ]

In the past 2 weeks I had low Hot water pressure. I fixed that problem by replacing the inlet and outlet nipple fittings. (Both were clogged/corroded). Now, I have good hot water pressure but only in the master bath and laundry room. The MB is the fartherest point away from the hot water heater...

View more questions Search