Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baklarzd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 09:30 PM
    How hard is it to put in new trap for tub in a concrete slab
    I just bought a new jacuzzi tub and the only way
    I can put it in is to move the trap and it is in the slab how hard is it to move it if at all possible. Thank you for your time David
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 09:31 AM
    The trap in concrete can be moved by jack hammering out the concrete and cutting the drain pipe. The trap will not likely be reusable so plan to buy new. Your other option would be to make a raised Jacuzzi that sits atop a platform base of about 10". This would give you room to maneuver a connecting drain pipe to the old trap.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 23, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Your trap and raiser is in a square tub dap-out. How far do you have to move the trap and what material is the trap and raiser? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sealing off P trap under shower in concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a shower over a 2ft x 2ft hole in the concrete slab used to place the p trap. My question is: Doesn't this area need to be sealed off with tar or something? Or do you just leave the p trap in open dirt? Also, when I place the drain in the shower by connecting it to the 2 inch pvc...

Installing tub on a concrete slab [ 2 Answers ]

What would I need to have done before the concrete is poured for the floor?

Tub Installation on Concrete Slab [ 16 Answers ]

I am going to be installing a tub in my basement on a concrete slab. I currently have a tub drain piple sticking out of the concrete about 12 inches and capped off. The concrete around the pipe looks like it was poured after the slab was because it is rough and uneven, unlike the even cement...

Shower p-trap - concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I have already poured a 6 inch thick concrete slab for a shop floor. During the slab construction a 3 inch pvc rough stubbed drain was put in the concrete to act as the shower drain (from the shower to the septic tank line). I realized after the fact that no p-trap was placed within the slab; only...

Disentegrated (Possibly Lead) pipe in concrete slab for S-trap [ 5 Answers ]

1-1/4 trap broke off level with the slab in my ground floor BR. Listening to bad advise, I tried prying away the remainder of the trap in the floor, now what appears to be soft soft lead pipe has tottally disintegrted and I see down to the dirt and the remainder of the pipe under the slab. I...

View more questions Search