Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amydee53 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Toilet Water Level in Bowl
    How do you increase the water level in a toilet bowl?
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Nov 7, 2007, 11:03 AM
    See thread below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbi...el-118828.html
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 7, 2007, 11:30 AM
    The water level in the bowl is not adjustable, its set by the design of the toilet. If you are experiencing a level lower than you used to have there could be a defect in the toilet. Is this an old toilet that recently dropped its level or a new toilet that isn't filling as high as you expect? Check the tank, it should fill to about 1/2" from the top of the overflow tube, does it?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 7, 2007, 11:52 AM
    As the tank fills the ballcock also helps to fill the bowl through a small tube that runs from the top of the ballcock to the white overflow tube. Check and see if the tub's connected and feeding water over to the overflow tube.
    If the bowl fills and then goes down there could also be a factory defect in the bowl. Sometimes in casting the bowl there is a small bubble in the china. Instead of junking the bowl the manufacture will put a porcelain patch over the hole and send it on through. On occasion the patch will fail allowing the water to seep out of the bowl. If that's the case you would have a full bowl after you flushed and the bowl filled but some time later you would notice a drop in the bowl level. The only other thing might be if you dropped something in the bowl and cracked it. If you're worried about where the water's going, in both cases it drains back down into the sewer and not under the bowl on the floor.
    Regards, Tom
    amydee53 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 12:19 PM
    It has always been low. Thanks for the answers! Sounds like it is just the design of this particular toilet.:)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 7, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Did you check the fill tube in the ballcock to see if there's a full stream?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet bowl water level [ 2 Answers ]

After installing a new valve the water level in the toilet bowl is too high. Is there a regulater on the valve?

Toilet Bowl Water Level [ 3 Answers ]

When I flush my toilet, the bowl empties as usual and fills as usual, but the water level in the bowl begins to slowly drain and maintains a lower lever than normal. I don't know what is causing this or how to correct the situation. This has been going on for approximately a week. I have checked...

Toilet bowl water level [ 4 Answers ]

How can the water level in the toilet bowl be lowered?

No water in toilet bowl [ 3 Answers ]

When I flush my toilet the bowl fills as usual, then slowly drains away. Any answers for that?

Toilet bowl water level [ 11 Answers ]

I am not totally unfamiliar with plumbing, but this one has me stumped. I flush the toilet before I go to bed. In the morning the water level in the bowl has dropped a couple of inches. When the toilet is flushed there appears to be an air bubble which comes up, but the toilet flushes almost...

View more questions Search