Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jethrodull Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Noisy water line to toilet
    Tom,
    (I used to live in Sarasota!)
    Thanks for what you do here, glad to see you have survived the cancer.
    Whenever I flush my toilet, the water line starts to make a lot of loud noise. It seems to be like air in the valve that connects to the line that connects to the toilet tank. When I look in the tank, there is air bubbles coming up from the mechanism that feeds the water into the tank. The valve is the type that has a pull/push knob on it to turn the water on/off. Is there an easy way to get this thing to stop making so much noise every time I flush? Thanks.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Is the supply line kinked?
    jethrodull Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 10:44 PM
    No, the supply line is not kinked... it has been a gradually increasingly loud noise, and really took off when I changed the internals of the tank... I believe it's air, and would like to know how to "bleed" the air out, if it is... if it's not, I have no idea what it is.
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Lock in Water Line to Toilet [ 5 Answers ]

I had to drain water from the house last night to fix a minor leak in a cold water line. Now, one of my toilets will not fill after it is flushed. It appears that there is an air lock in the line. How do I fix this?

Knocking sound in water line after flusing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

What is the possible problem when you hear a knocking sound in the plumbing after flusing the toilet?

Noisy Toilet [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I flush my toilet, I get a loud noise about a minute or two latter as the tank is just completed being filled with water. The noise lasts for about 15 seconds and is getting longer as time goes on. What is causing this noise & how can I fix it? J P:confused:

Basement toilet next to water main, gas line and cleanout [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. We recently purchased a house with a finished (insulated drywall over concrete block/painted concrete floor) basement, and on one side of the basement is a nicely finished but small (5' x 4') closet. In relation to the house, the back of this closet is the concrete wall that runs along the...

Noisy Water Pipes [ 1 Answers ]

What is causing my pipes to suddenly make loud banging noises?

View more questions Search