Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sergiom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2005, 07:04 PM
    Low Hot Water Pressure In Kitchen Only
    Hello i was wondering how can i fix hot water pressure in kitchen . Asked husband but 6 months nothing done takes forever to do dishes help . My faucet has 2 handles one for hot and 1 for cold . And only the hot has very little water coming out not a trickle though :confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2005, 05:25 AM
    First check what is often overlooked:

Check every valve on the hot side to be sure it is fully open.

If they're all open, the problem is likely in the faucet: and if that's the case, you can replace the "innards".

Is it a single, or double, handle faucet? And do you know what brand?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 9, 2005, 07:32 AM
    Rick gave you some good advice. You must shut off the water to9 the sink and remove the stem and washer assembly from the hot water side of the valve.(see attachment). Once the valve's open, place a pan over the open valve to reduce splach and turn the hot water back on to flush out the hot water supply. You should have a full stream before you reassemble the faucet.
    That addresses Ricks concerns, however what was not addressed was the source of the blockage and that has to be looked after or it will just clog up again.
    If you do not flush,(not drain) your heater on a regular basis it will build up mineral on the bottom of the tank thatwill get in your pipes and clog them up. Let me show you how to flush your heater. Attach a hose to the boiler drain at the bottom of the tank. With the pressure on, open the boiler drain and let it run until the water runs clear. You will see a spurt of red,(rust) and some white grains,(lime or calcium carbonate). The whole thing shouldn't take more then a few minutes. Don't forget to flush it out every month. Your heater will thank you for it. You might want to consider cleaning the screens on your areators if you have a high mineral buildup. If thev problem still persists after you have flushed, you will have to drain the heater, remove the boiler drain and go up in the bottom of the tank with a wood or plastic rod, (not metal) and try to break up the mineral and flush it out.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure on kitchen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I'm hoping that someone can help me on my issue because I am at my end! I recently replaced my kitchen faqucet with a Peerless, two handle faucet with sprayer. Since then my water pressure has been poor. I then took off the sprayer and capped the middle threaded outlet underneath but I still have...

Kitchen Sink Water Pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I attempted to change out my kitchen sink sprayer hose, when I turned the water back on I get ver little water pressure from either hot or cold water.

Hot Water Pressure- Kitchen Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The other day, we turned the kitchen faucet on and there was no hot water pressure all of a sudden... we just get a trickle. The water pressure in the rest of the house is fine (hot and cold) and the cold water comes out fine as well. Any ideas? Thanks!

Low water pressure at kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: recently took kitchen sink out to replace coutertop, the water pressure has been low in kitchen sink ever since. Have checked for foreign objects in line. Dishwasher seems to be working fine.

Little water pressure in the kitchen sink [ 5 Answers ]

I have lttle to no pressure when I turn on the water in the kitchen sink. The cold it really strong. I am clueless and don't know what to do. Please help! :(

View more questions Search