Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AEDANSMOMMY Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Kitchen cold water tap not working
    All of a sudden today, my kitchen cold water faucet tap is now only dribbling out. Hot water works fine. In fact all the other faucets in the house-- hot and cold-- work just fine. Any idea's on what it could be and how to fix it? Yes, I did make sure the cold water was on!! :confused:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 25, 2007, 07:37 PM
    From what you describe the problem must be in the cold water valve. You may have a valve stem or a cartridge but it needs to come out to be cleaned. Shut down your main and open the hot and cold faucets to relieve all pressure. Remove the handle and collar under it. I'll need you to describe your faucet and what you see under the plate before I can be specific.

Oct 25, 2007, 07:45 PM
    My husband has shut the main valve off and has disconnected the cold water valve. There was little to no water that leaked out after the disconnect. The fixture is a Price Pfsiter 1 lever that is only 3months old.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Age has little to do with it. Likely some crud got lodged behind the cartridge. You should be able to flush it out unless it is back further in an elbow or something.

Oct 25, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Labman- I don't know where the cartridge even is, help pretty please?

Oct 25, 2007, 08:10 PM
    We have determined that it is not the valve to the fixture because when we had the water valve disconnected, we turned the main valve back on and only a dribble. We do have polybutelyn (sp) pipes, but this came out of no where.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

Hot water coming from cold water tap [ 15 Answers ]

Hot water is coming from 2 cold water taps and one upstairs toilet, turns to cold after 15-20 seconds, it comes out very hot. Thought it might be Bleeding through faucets, so changed laundry tub and kitchen faucett. Still does it. The cold pipes seem to get hot from near the water tank. The dip...

No cold water from Kitchen tap [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, This is my first post so please excuse my numptiness. I live in an apartment block and the cold water tap in the kitchen has tightened and there is no water coming out. The hot water tap in the kitchen is fine.The bath taps and sink taps in the bathroom are both fine. Just wondering...

Kitchen tap stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a waterridge kitchen pull out faucet that seems to have just stopped working. Every other faucedt in the house works but this one. It only gives me a dribble. Any body have any ideas?

Cold water tap! AHHH [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya all I'm new and have so many questions about so many things so I thought id start here... When I turn on my bath taps the hot comes on fine but you can turn the cold tap on nearly full blast before it makes a funny noise and cold water starts actually coming out of it! Not good when your...

View more questions Search