Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    G J Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Remove fiberglass tub and shower
    We want to remove the old fiberglass shower and tub unit. We will rent a Sawsall--but
    Where to start sawing and with which blade? How to make fewest number of cuts and
    Keep fibers to a minimum?

Experience from others on using the right equipment, clothing, protective equipment?

Thank you, one and all!

GJ
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Oct 20, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Just use a sawzaw and cut it down the middle, and then cut the 2 halfs in half. Do this after you've removed the nails or screws from the flange. As for the drain you can cut around this with the saw, use a hammer beat around the drain, don't actually hit the drain line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Resurface Fiberglass Tub/Shower 1-piece shell [ 13 Answers ]

Resurface Fiberglass Tub/Shower 1-piece shell One of the bathrooms in my apartment building has a one piece fiberglass shell tub and shower shell. BEFORE I bought the property a prior owner =painted= the entire inside of the tub/shower shell! Looks like they didn't prep the surface well...

Replacing Fiberglass Shower/Tub with Custombuilt [ 7 Answers ]

I want to rip out my fiberglass shower/tub assembly (1970 vintage) and install a new tub with tiled shower walls above, glass doors, and all new fixtures. Is there a good plan available somewhere as to how to do this? I'm particularly curious as to what base is required to attach the tiles. Any...

Replacing Fiberglass Shower/Tub with Custom Built [ 6 Answers ]

I want to rip out my fiberglass shower/tub assembly (1970 vintage) and install a new tub with tiled shower walls above, glass doors, and all new fixtures. Is there a good plan available somewhere as to how to do this? I'm particularly curious as to what base is required to attach the tiles. Any...

Leaking Fiberglass Tub/Shower [ 3 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedHi, We purchased a 2 year old Colonial three months ago. Last week, after a bath in the upstairs master bathroom, I notice two lines of wetness (in the drywall seams)on the dining room ceiling which is directly below the master bath. We inspected the tub, and noticed a new crack...

Fiberglass shower/tub removal [ 1 Answers ]

Would like advice/instruction on how to remove a fiberglass all-in-one shower/tub unit. Thanks in advance for help!

View more questions Search