Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkjw424 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2005, 10:47 AM
    Toilet Water Supply Problem
    I have just recently finished installing a new toilet in my bathroom (Much thanks to Speedball1) and I have run into a problem connecting the water supply.

I have a half inch CPVC coming out of the wall to the shut off valve, on top of the shut off valve is 5/8" compression in CPVC. So far I have not found any plumbing supply house that carries anything to reduce this down to 3/8" or 1/2" in CPVC so I can connect the water supply to the toilet.

Is there anything I can do short of ripping out the CPVC back to copper and installing copper?

Thanks,

Dan
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 24, 2005, 01:05 PM
    No problem. There are fittings that reduce 1/2 to 3/8. They are called Flait it fittings and they are compression fittings. Lowe's home depot has them
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2005, 05:46 PM
    Gee I hope Tom makes it through the hurricane. If HVAC's fittings don't work, go back where you bought the valve and make them either sell you a fitting that fits it, or take it back. Or is it cemented on? If so, cut it off, cement on a 1/2'' male adapter and put a conventional angle stop on.
    dkjw424 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2005, 07:27 PM
    Thanks everyone for the advice. Luckily enough I found a great plumbing supply store that had the reducer I needed. Went home and installed it and now I find out that the shut off valve leaks. The shut off valve is also CPVC and I will be back out to the plumbing supply store tomorrow.

Thanks Again Everyone. This forum has been more helpful than I could ever imagine.

Thanks,
    Dan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Water Supply Shutoff Valve problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My problem is this; When I turn the toilet water supply valve I don't hear any water flow sound anymore, so the only way we can flush the toilet is to fill up a bucket with water and pour it down. Before we had the same problem but what we would have to do is turn on the faucet to the tub...

Water supply for new bath [ 10 Answers ]

Tom, I'm beginning to work on my water supply lines and have gotten most of the materials. I wanted to know if I should be concerned with backflow devices of any sort? Also, the plummer at H.D. told me that the male adapters that would connect my copper pipe to my shower faucet would not...

Toilet supply/hose bib connection [ 1 Answers ]

I have two hopefully simple questions. First, where is a good location to connect the supply line for the toilets? I have a mid 60’s split-level and I replaced all the copper supply lines but have not yet connected the upstairs toilets. I heard/read somewhere that the line should be connected at...

Leaking toilet water supply tube [ 11 Answers ]

I replaced the ballcock on my toilet and I have ended up with 2 problems. Please note that I am a DIY novice. Here goes. The first problem is that after replacing the ballcock, I turned the water on and it immediately started to leak. I figured that the connection was loose and so I tried again...

Help -- Leaky stem on toilet supply line! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi: My husband and I are DIY newbies. We just attempted to replace a 70 year old leaky toilet in time for 1st holiday fam visit only to incur new problems. For one, the water supply stem is leaking (right around where knob connects to the stem)! Never done this before. To boot, the tank to our...

View more questions Search