Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GAILBFS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Low flow Grohe Ladylux faucet
    I would like to know how to get the screen out of the pull out handle of my Ladylux (not cafe) kitchen faucet. Water flow is 1 gal/min (hot and cold) and I understand that it should be 2.2 gal/min ,
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 14, 2007, 06:02 AM
    I see a ring on the end of the spout that looks to have threads that you can unscrew to check and clean the screens. If you still don't get a full flow click on back. Good luck, Tom
    chappers Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GAILBFS
    I would like to know how to get the screen out of the pull out handle of my Ladylux (not cafe) kitchen faucet. water flow is 1 gal/min (hot and cold) and I understand that it should be 2.2 gal/min ,
    I'm not sure if you've solved your problem, but I wanted to share my experience. I've been suffering with poor flow from my Ladylux faucet ever since I installed it 6 months ago. It was taking me 10 seconds to get a pint of cold water from it. I had repeatedly cleaned the screens etc to no avail. Today I bit the bullet and took the thing apart. Flow was the same speed from the hose without the sprayer on, so I figured the problem was upstream. Took the cartridge apart - no blockage. I took the hose off and let a pan fill underneath the faucet (where the snap hose connector attaches). LOTS of water. I had a look at the snap connector. It seems to have some sort of flow-limiting valve built in. Took out my drill and drilled out the valve to a diameter of maybe 3/16". Put everything back together. Result = no leaks and I can fill a pan of water in seconds now!

Disclaimer - I bought the faucet on eBay. The snap connector is red and black. The replacement parts I have seen online are yellow and black. I'm not sure whether my connector is intended for v high pressure situations or is ex-display. Anyway, the limiting point in this faucet seems to be built into the upstream hose connector. Hope this helps someone.
    RockfordBucky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 12:22 PM
    The connector is the problem. Push the insides out from the red end and you can clean out the debris that is blocking the water flow. Thanks for the help
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 11, 2009, 01:36 PM

That Quick Connector is also a spring loaded Back Flow Preventer. It prevents dirty dish-water from being siphoned back into your house plumbing system.

It can get clogged up very easily with debris flowing through your house plumbing. By drilling its interior parts out, you canceled the functionality of the Back Flow Preventer.

Also, the handle has back flow preventer built into its threaded end.

Grohe faucets are very fine and delicate product. If you have galvanized pipes than the problem may re-occur.

I don't understand the reference to eBay. eBay really has nothing to do with it...

Glad you were able to trouble shoot your kitchen faucet yourself ! Milo
    SeaFlyGuy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 10:21 AM
    My wife broke the plastic stem on the 8 year old hand piece of our Lady Lux Plus so I replaced the hand piece which took about 2 minutes but the flow rate was always low (sometimes very low). After months of trying to clean it out to increase the flow rate I unscrewed the hand piece one day and took out the white plastic piece which is at the bottom of the hand piece stem. I assumed it is a flow restrictor. I then look out the small black o-ring in the restrictor and put everything back together. The water flow increased by 10X and the faucet works like it did before the hand piece replacement.
    wexcellent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 07:39 PM
    After several months of frustration with the volume from my new used ladylux I did as Chappers did. First I took the backflow preventer out of the pull out sprayer. This was easy with some needle nosed pliers. However, this did not increase the volume noticeably. Then I drilled the backflow preventer out of the quick connect. This proved to be quite difficult because the parts immediately started spinning around in the quick connect. It took my some time and finesse to get it all cleaned out without destroying the O-ring that seals where the spray hose screws in. Though I suppose that even if you wrecked that O-ring you could just use teflon on the threads. I reassembled everything and yee haw - I am in business with all the flow I could want! Thank you Chappers!

We never put the spray unit down in water and even if we did, what are the chances of water EVER being sucked back into the unit? I'll gladly sacrifice the backflow "protection" for useable flow!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Low flow from kitchen faucet [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all. I’ve got a Price Pfister single-control kitchen faucet, about 1.5 yrs, with a low flow problem (both hot and cold). I took the aerator out about month ago, with no improvement; it seems to be getting worse. The side sprayer is Ok – output is fine, definitely a lot more than the tap. ...

Low Pressure and Low Flow Water Supply [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that is about 6 years old. The house sits upon a small hill. The water pressure is 40 psi at the street and the flow rate is 13 gpm. At the house, the pressure is about 30 psi and the flow rate is 3.5 gpm. The house is higher than the street level, but the...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search