Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sqeeter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Earring In Shower Drain
    My wife dropped an earring in the shower drain. Is it possible to recover the earring from the trap?
    kitten94515 Posts: 115, Reputation: 4

Oct 5, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Kind of. U would have to call the plumber though.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 6, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqeeter
    My wife dropped an earring in the shower drain. Is it possible to recover the earring from the trap?
    DO NOT RUN ANY WATER IN THE SHOWER and remove the strainer. Take a coathanger and put a small hook in it. See if you can fish the earring out. Outside of opening up the ceiling up and taking the trap apart that's all a plumber would do. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dropped Diamond earring down the drain! [ 13 Answers ]

PLease help! I just dropped my earring down the drain. The water wasn't running, it just dropped. Can I assume it's possibly still sitting in the pipe? My husband isn't answering his office phone and I am frantic. Please help me!

Earring down drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my diamond earring fell down the bathroom sink drain on Saturday and it is now Thursday and was wondering if you think it could still be in the trap in the sink? I have been using the sink for washing my hands and brushing my teeth. We have a new construction townhome and have plastic pipes...

Dropped diamond earring down the drain! [ 7 Answers ]

Help! My diamond earring fell down the drain while I was in the shower. The water was obviously running. Wasn't in the shower long, so I'm hoping it hasn't been washed past the trap. Is there any way to get it back?

Earring down bath-tub drain? [ 1 Answers ]

Quick question: My wife dropped her earring down the bath-tub drain. No water has gone down the drain, but I don't know if bath tubs have a trap similar to a sink. Can it be retrieved or is it lost? Can a plumber help?

Converting cast iron floor drain to shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding a bathroom to my basement, which has partial (complete? ) plumbing already roughed into the floor (in 1976). Sewage lift station (vented) is 3 ft from 4" styrofoam plug (toilet), 4 ft from 1 1/2 inch cast male pipe end extending through floor (lav, have already added vertical vent...

View more questions Search