Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2005, 08:29 AM
    Losing Water Pressure in Shower
    Help - I have a 2 story house w/ basement. I also have well water. Suddenly the water pressure in the master bathroom has gotten very low. We just replaced the shower head and took out the water pressure valve, that didn't help. We turned the shower on w/o the head on and got a good flow of water we think, it's hard to tell since I didn't do that before the pressure problem. The house is only 3 years old. It doesn't seem to be affecting any other rooms just the master bath shower. Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 12, 2005, 10:11 AM
    If you removed the shower head and got a strong stream then that puts the problem in the shower head.
    If you think the stream isn't strong enoigh then shut the water off to the shower and remove the cartridge and check the inlet ports for trash or buildup. While the valve's apart turn the water back on for a few seconds and flush out the supplies. Reassemble everything and try it now. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure/bladder tank losing pressure? [ 11 Answers ]

Well, I have asked some questions about my plumbing before. So I am calling on you guys once again. I have a 52 gallon pressure tank/bladder tank made by wellsaver. I turn the water on and have good pressure for a few minutes then it basically goes dead with no pressure. I recently posted questions...

Water Pump Losing Pressure [ 2 Answers ]

My water pump (3/4 HP), which is at least 5-10 year old has lost the ability to retain pressure. I thought it might be the pressure tank, however, I turned off the feed from the pump to the pressure tank and it still lost pressure. This makes me believe that the pump is the problem. I draw water...

No Hot Water or Pressure in shower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a stand-up shower in my basement that was put in about 3-4 years ago. I went to use it for the first time yesterday and the water only trickles out when turned to hot (works fine on cold). It is a single knob Moen system with no faucet, only a shower head. All other outlets in the house...

Shower water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Master bath, separate shower has little to no hot water pressure. We have drained hot water heater for any clogged sediment and still nothing. House is 3 years old, what could be the problem? All other faucets in home are working fine. Very Curious

Losing pressure in the shower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a single handle Kohler showerhead that is only about three or four years old. Recently, the pressure has dropped dramatically when the water is turned on. No other faucet in the house is having a problem. It is only that one showerhead. Any ideas?

View more questions Search