Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luvbassn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 02:46 PM
    High water pressure in house
    After returning from a two month vacation two of my three toilets were running. Also when I showered the pressure just about blew me away. Now I find out that one of my bathroom sinks is leaking. Could the city have increased the water pressure and not told us or do we have a pressure valve that has failed, and Where should I look for one.
    Thanks
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Usually they are not routinely installed. You may find one after the meter in the house, but it's highly unlikely. They are usually installed when there are problems in the home. The water pressure should be checked. The city could also have a regulator that failed somewhere. 40-50 PSI is good >80 PSI is bad. PSI is gauge pressure.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 08:53 PM
    The pressure reducing valves are fairly common in areas with large differences of elevation. To give the people at the top of the hill decent pressure, you have to blow the guy in the valley away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water pressure TOO high [ 16 Answers ]

We purchased our house 2 years ago and it is about 14 years old now. I have noticed that the water pressure (hot or cold) is extremely high. It is the same in all faucets: tubs, sinks, toilets etc. We do not get any "banging" of the pipes but it can get crasy with the kids when they turn the water...

Water pressure too high [ 1 Answers ]

We live in a house where share a well with 3 other houses.what would cause the water pressure to keep going up over 100 psi on my gages . I replaced the pressure tank,the cut off switch 30/50 and all the pipes coming in from the well.where do I look next to solve this problem?

Water pressure too high? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I moved into my new house a few days ago and have noticed that the bath tap is constantly dripping. I don't think it is the washers, as when I turn on the sink tap the bath tap leak stops - could this indicate that the water pressure is too high? How do I go about reducing it? Many thanks! ...

High water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I recently changed my water heater and have discovered that my water pressure is VERY high. Upon completion of the installation, I noticed the T & P valve opened. I installed a pressure gauge on an outside hose bib to find my pressure running between 150 - 160 PSI. I have a pressure reducing...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search