Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlbryan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Moving tub drain in concrete slab
    We are remodeling our master bath and we need to move the tub drain from the back center to the left hand side. Would there be a problem if we need to put the pvc lines across the back with an L and to the left had drain. The existing drain is centered on the back wall from the old garden tub, but most of the new reasonable whirlpools are left or right. Thank you
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Moveing tub drain::::
    Tlbran; you can do it IF you have room for the slope for drinage, one time I had to build a platform to set the tub higher in order to have enough slope for tub to drain good ; IF I have helped grade my answer. :::IF you don't ,YOU are going to have to cut enough conceret ouy to put new drain in and repour with sackcrete;;;;;

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving a toilet on a concrete slab [ 2 Answers ]

I am planning a bathroom remodel with a limited budget. My house has a concrete slab foundation. I would like to either move the toilet entirely to a new location or rotate the toilet 90 degrees. Would this require extensive plumbing renovation? Lily

Moving a tub drain in a concert slab [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am looking at doing a bathroom remodel and my question is: I am Installing a new tub and the drain will not match up with the existing floor drain in the concrete slab floor, The house was built in 1978 and appears to have PVC pipe through out (not sure if this is true in the slab although I...

Moving drain in custom shower, whirlpool tub and toilet on concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am finalizing plans to update a master bathroom that sits on a concrete slab. My question is: can shower, whirlpool tub and toilet drain holes be moved without drilling into the concrete? If so, what is the maximum amount that the holes can be repositioned without having to drill? I would...

Using existing tub drain line in concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a new whirlpool tub in place of an existing conventional tub. The old sink drain terminates into a concrete slab. The new sink drain will be at least 2 feet from the old. What are my options? Is there anyway of tieing in the new drain into the old drain without taking up all the...

Hooking up drain for shower/tub on concrete slab [ 3 Answers ]

I have a unfinished bathroom in the basement on a cement slab. The rough in plubming is in place with a about a 12x12 hole in the cement. How do I hook up the drain to the Ptrap. I do not have access from the side wall. Do I need to cut an access hole in the adjacent room?

View more questions Search