Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ameryd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Lack of Cold Water
    Can the cold water temperature be affected by the hot water heater? I have a tenant complaining that the cold water is barely cool. I keep thinking it is the hot weather we have been having, but I am wondering if it is something more.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 12, 2007, 06:40 AM
    I have the same problem here in Florida. Our water services are only 3 feet under the ground level and picks up the ambient temperature before it hits the house system so the cold water's warmer in summer and colder in winter.
    Also, if the water heater cold water supply is close to the cold water main the water in the main could be warmed by convection. Regards, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Tom's totally correct. In Illinois our water lines must be at least 48" down to prevent them from freeezing in the winter. Outside temp can/will affect water temp. Where do you live and does your house have the same problem? If you are both in the same town and you don't have a problem then it may be something else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lack of Water Pressure [ 5 Answers ]

I am on a well system and have not had much water pressure in my house for some time. My well is 600ft deep and has a 2 HP pump. I have a relatively new pressure tank. My problem is that when I turn on any water outlet it nearly kills all of the pressure at any other outlet in or around the...

Lack of money, lack of job, banging my head against a brick wall it seems. [ 8 Answers ]

OK, this has been going on for over 6 months now and I need for it to end... ive not done anything and neither has he, but I am finding it very hard to get a job, the last job I had six months ago was temp,they let me go after a month being there. I have been trying hard to get work, as of yet its...

Lack of hot water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have pretty much no hot water pressure in my spare bathroom shower. The shower hasn't been used for a while, and I am wandering if there is anyway something plugged up over time. If so how do you get it unplugged. My shower is just one individual nob. I have a lot of pressure at the sink and...

Water Pressure or lack of! [ 1 Answers ]

Help, We live in a rural area with a artisian well. The well is located approx 30feet down hill from the house and about 125 feet away. There is a new shallow well pump and a new air tank(bladder type) in the well house. We have teriible water pressure and I realize that due to static line loss it...

Lack of Hot Water [ 4 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I've been having. In March, I purchased an older home (built in the 40's). As a condition of purchase, I asked that the water heater be replaced, which was very old and completely shot. The former owners purchased a 50 gallon Kenmore PowerMiser. The...

View more questions Search