Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bballgoddess5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Shower leak from wall
    I have a problem relating to my shower. I have a leak coming from where the shower head goes into the wall. At first I thought it was just a problem from the shower head, but after I removed it, there is still a leak. The pipe the shower head connects to has water continually running out of it. Does anyone know what is wrong with it or how it can be fixed?

Any replies will be helpful!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Inside the wall where the shower head pipe is , there is a peace that is either plastic or brass it!s where the riser pipe comeing up from your faucet attatches to (unless you have copper lines) IT will be quite a job to repair, Iwould say to call a reliable plumber . I could tell you step by step . Callplumber don!t wait to long , because the longer you wait the more water damage will be done ::"
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 10, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Are you saying that the pipe leaks even with the shower head removed? I don't believe I have ever seen a leak like this. Have you tried to tighten the tail piece with a web wrench?
    Deman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Try to reinstall that pipe which holds shower head, put some teflon tape and check threads of that pipe for cracks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Tiled Shower - cracked grout between shower wall and pan [ 4 Answers ]

I just spent 10K on labor alone to remodel my master bath. I purcahsed all Hand made tiles (Walker Zanger) and the contractor came highly recommended... After less than one month of use (and I did seal the shower walls and floor with a very good sealer), I noticed a hairline crack in the Grout...

Drain leak in wall [ 1 Answers ]

The jacuzzi tub is leaking via it's overflow opening. I tested it 2 make sure and can reproduce the leak by allowing water to go into the overflow. It did not leak with a lower water level i.e. through the jets, screen or tub drain. There is no access to this overflow. It runs inside the...

Leak Behind Wall [ 7 Answers ]

Don't know a lot about plumbing and need some advice. Have an upstairs bathroom, that when water is ran through either of the two bathroom sinks and drain, a small drip is heard on the first floor while water is running. Does not happen when toilet, shower, or tub in same bathroom are draining or...

Need help with a leak in the wall! [ 4 Answers ]

I called a plumber when I found wet lower walls and water on the floors of both my bathrooms. He said he didn't do repairs in walls (so who does this if not plumbers? ) So I tore out a wet vanity and discovered mildewed, soaked drywall behind it. On the other side of this wall is a tub/shower...

Washer drain leak behind wall [ 6 Answers ]

I have a washer on the 1st floor that drains into a pipe in the wall down to basement. I have water in the basement under the washer coming from above The floorboard down the straight-away(?), 3-4 foot pipe washer drains into before the trap. No water in kitchen. Because there is a girder an...

View more questions Search