Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanduh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2005, 11:03 AM
    How do I get the shower to work?
    Hi,
    I moved into a new place last night and the shower in the master bathroom has from top to bottom: a shower head, a single large faucet handle/knob (turn left for hot, right for cold), a large tub faucet/spout and a drain lever below. The problem is that I cannot find a lever that would operate the valve to switch the water from going to the tub faucet up to shower head. There is no lever or pull-out plug on the spout or on the faucet handle/knob, either! Can someone tell me where the heck I can look to find the "missing" valve?

Thanks! Shanda
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2005, 11:24 AM
    Many tubs have a knob you pull up to shut the spout off, forcing the water to run up to the shower head. My guess is that for some reason, somebody replaced such a spout with a plain one. Try holding your hand over the end of the spout, and see if the water then runs up to the shower. If so, you should be able to unscrew the spout and replace it with one with a diverter.

For a better answer, post back with any brand or model info you can find on the controls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower was leaking from handles/I replaced and now it won't work [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a replacement kit for a shower with leaking handles. I made sure to buy the same bonnets and seats. I changed everything out. Now it does not work at all. No water comes out of the shower head. The diverter does not leak at all but the water comes out of the shower handles only. I...

Shower Pipe Drips When Shower Head is Removed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I keep buying new hand held showers heads that leak from the hose. I buy Delta brand. After I installed a new one yesterday, it started leaking from the hose again. Today I took off the entire shower head and see that from the pipe that comes out from the wall, it drips water at a pretty...

Turning walking shower stall into bathtub/shower combo. [ 4 Answers ]

Question: Current shower drain (2" pipe) runs 5 feet, under slab, to vent stack (5" cast iron vent pipe) of toilet. Will need to move the drain 3ft to wall for new tub. After moving the drain, the complete length of the pipe will still be around 5 feet. We will have to reduce the drain line...

Shower Diverter Won't Work [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - the faucet in my shower is the type where you pull down the spout and then the water comes out of the shower. It worked, and then five minutes later when I wanted to use it again, it didn't work! The pull down just didn't seem to catch. Is this something that I can replace on my own? Are...

Best way to install fixed shower head and personal shower [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a new shower setup. I want to install a fixed shower head as well as a hand held personal shower with hose. On the Kohler website they sell a diverter valve with some sort of backflow valve for this purpose. I have a friend who just had this done and he has no diverter valve just...

View more questions Search