Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akellyrn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Remove shower fixture
    I'm replacing the hot/cold knob on shower. The front plate is removed, but I can't get the middle part to disconnect from the hot/cold pipes.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 08:31 PM
    What kind of water pipes do you have? If it is copper it could be that you valve is soldered to the copper pipes. It will take a torch to undo them. If it is not copper they probably have half unions at the bottom of the valve that will unscrew. How does your new valve connect to the water pipes?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaking from upstairs shower through light fixture below [ 1 Answers ]

A couple of weeks ago I noticed the light fixture globe in our kitchen was 1/3 filled with water. At the time - someone was showering. I removed the globe, emptied it and have not used the shower or light switch since. The home is only 7 years old - original bathroom, shower. Question:...

Replacing shower fixture [ 2 Answers ]

I need to replace a shower handle because it won't pull out or push in anymore inorder to to turn the water on or off. I am hoping that I will not have to take out tile or punch out drywall on the other side of the wall. Am I dreaming that I can do this without making a bigger hole then is...

Hard to remove mini spot light from Hampton Bay Ceiling Fixture [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Hampton Bay Ceiling fixture with three mini spot lights. One of the bulbs has blown out and needs to be replaced. However, we are having a problem doing this. There is no room for us to get our hands around the bulb to remove it. The bulbs have 2 prongs that fit into the base and twist to...

Remove shower knob [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a trick to removing the control knob in shower. I know there is a cover plate, I just can't figure out how to pop it off. Do I need a special tool to get that plastic cover off. I tried a flathead screwdriver, but the tip is too fat.

Remove shower cartridge [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Moen shower control, about 20 years old, no model number evident. The flow, both hot and cold, seems to have gradually diminished. The handle freely moves to both extremes as well as off-on. I tried to remove the cartridge to look for a clog, but couldn't figure out how. I was able to...

View more questions Search