Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maureen9848 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Gas smell from gas oven
    I just replaced my range with a Maytag (Amana) gas range. A few times a day while walking past my range, especially in the morning, I smell a faint smell of gas. I recently had two different repairmen check on this but they found nothing. One repairman said the newer models have a safety valve which allows gas to escape from time to time, thus cause for the intermittent smell. I noticed on the internet the same situation mentioned - a slight gas smell from their gas range when the range was turned off. Their findings: too much gas going to the burners or the oven's regulator needed to be replaced. I never smelled gas coming from my old range and am not comfortable smelling gas from my range from time to time. I think there is some sort of problem. I can't imagine Amana expecting their customers to accept this.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag CWG3100 AAE gas wall oven will not ignite [ 2 Answers ]

Our electric glow bar is glowing, but will not ignite or will take over 90 - 120 seconds to finally ignite. What needs to be done to repair? This oven is about 2 -3 years old. Thank you.

Smell gas [ 1 Answers ]

Honda Odessey2000, emission smell gas -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, When I start my Honda Odessey 2000, I can smell gas for awhile than back to normal, no check engine lite on, no other problem, how do I get rid of this? I did basic...

Gas Oven [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE XL44 Gas stove. The oven will not light. I have tried to light it with a match but still will not light. What can I do?

New Gas Oven [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I'm switching from electric to gas oven. I have a gas furnace about 20 feet away from where the oven will be installed. They are both on the same floor. Could this be a DIY job or do you you sugest a pro? If DIY could sombody please give me detailed instructions or recommend someplace I...

Gas smell [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem that my plumber has been unable to fix on a couple of occasions. Very simply put, soon after I turn on the shower, a couple of minutes or so, I get a terrible rotten egg (sewer gas?) smell. I can't tell if it starts when it starts steaming up or just because. Shower is used...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.