Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrianK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2005, 03:00 PM
    No Cold Water In House! Please Help!
    I am having trouble with the cold water in my house. Everything was working fine until about a week ago and now every time you turn the cold water on it goes from cool to warm in 2 or 3 seconds. I have tried letting in run, testing all of the water faucets, washing machine, etc. in the house. I am on city water and am not sure if it could be something that they need to look at. I have no idea what to look for in this situation. If you could please provide some insight I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!! Brian.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 31, 2005, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianK
    I am having trouble with the cold water in my house. Everything was working fine until about a week ago and now every time you turn the cold water on it goes from cool to warm in 2 or 3 seconds. I have tried letting in run, testing all of the water faucets, washing machine, etc. in the house. I am on city water and am not sure if it could be something that they need to look at. I have no idea what to look for in this situation. If you could please provide some insight I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks!!!! Brian.

Hi Brian,

Kind of hard to analyze without being there but I can give you a general idea of where to start looking. You start by elimation. Close down every hot water supply stop to EVERY SINGLE HANDLED faucet that's in the house or on the system. This includes tub and shower valves, sink and lavatory valves, bar sinks etc. Now let the cold water run. Get back to me with the results and we'll go on to step #2. If your tub and shower valve has hidden stops I'll give you directions on how to shut it off but for this to work ALL hot water supplys MUST be closed. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brand new water heater: Starts hot, then water gets cold after few seconds [ 9 Answers ]

We just moved into a brand new condo which has its own water heater. We went to take a shower this morning and the first few seconds of the shower were very hot, then it went cold after 10 seconds. We tried again after half an hour, same thing. There was enough hot water for my husband to shave but...

Hot water venting into cold water tank [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I posted my query here a while back but unfortunately it appears to have been left to fester :confused: (query was hot water from cold water tap). After a couple more visits by a plumber, his view is that the hot water tank is overheating, venting hot water into the cold water tank at the...

No cold water in part of house.. HELP!? [ 6 Answers ]

This past Wednesday, for some unknown reason, the cold water has stopped coming out of my kitchen faucet, (on 2nd floor) as well as no cold water in going to the washer (1st floor) or the outside spigot. There is still cold water in the bathrooms on all three floors of the house (built 1991) and...

Low cold water pressure in half of house [ 1 Answers ]

I've been installing insulation under my house - there's a narrow crawlspace, so I'm sure I've knocked something about. When I got out, I had no cold water coming to our washing machine and the water pressure in the kitchen is extremely low. Here's the weird part, the hot water works in the washing...

No cold water in house [ 5 Answers ]

We only have warm/hot water coming from every faucet in the house. We had Mr. Plumber come out this time last year with the same problem and he said the pipes were crossed and he rerouted them. $500 later, it worked, but only for a year. So now I'm thinking that wasn't really the problem? My...

View more questions Search