Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LGar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2005, 07:13 AM
    Handle goes down, but toilet doesn't flush
    Hi, I press the handle on the toilet, but the toilet does not flush. The screw(?) inside the tank attached to the handle appears to be rusted. Chain is intact. What do I do? Thanks much!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 14, 2005, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LGar
    Hi, I press the handle on the toliet, but the toliet does not flush. The screw(?) inside the tank attached to the handle appears to be rusted. Chain is intact. What do I do? Thanks much!
    Easy fix. Go down to the hardware store and pick up a replacement trip lever.
    Don't forget that the chain wants to have 1/4" of play when the flapper's seated. TIP: The nut securing the handle is a LEFT HAND THREAD so loosen it clockwise. Good luck, Tom
    LGar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2005, 02:25 PM
    Thank you Tom
    :D Thank you so much! The new tank lever worked like a charm! Speedball1 rocks... as does this website:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How PHP Handle XML File? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Would you please help? I'm currently using PHP Version 4.3.11. Q#1. If I'd like to created a php page to read a XML file which is generated by Oracle server. What function do I need in php to handle this event? Q#2. Do I need to install a higher php version in order to do so? ...

Toilet leaks at handle [ 9 Answers ]

Help, the tank fills up too much, all the way to the handle! And then starts drip drip dripping outside the handle connection into a bucket! But I notice that when the toilet is used a lot (flushed) it does not doing it as often, I guess because it takes a while for the tank to fill up to the top...

Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

The toilet will not flush like it is supposed to, it will flush out solid but not paper. What makes the toilet flush?

Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I think one of my children flushed something down the toilet. The only things I think it can be is either a bar of soap or a wash cloth. Now you have to plunge it every time you flush. Any suggestions on what I could do myself before I call a plumber?

Toilet Flush [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new bathroom in my basement. The toilet has a good flush action but just fills with water. It does not have the suction to flush a piece of tissue. The water evenutally seeps out to the correct level. I have tried two different toliets and wax rings but still have the...

View more questions Search