Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lcmcl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 06:30 AM
    No water coming out of the hot water spigots of any faucets
    We shut off all water valves & finally found the valve to the enrire house so shut off all water supply. Got a temporary fix then tried turn on all lines (counter clockwise) so we have cold running water but all hot lines are empty... I keep going through the lines again... there is hot water in the pipes from the furnace to the water tank but the lines to all sinks & the washer & the downstairs shower are empty (future repairs will be made to the upstairs bath so shut off valves were put on to keep all water out of that area but why is there no hot water getting to the other places... is there a hidden valve under the water heater that may have gotten turned?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2007, 07:01 AM
    May be a valve not turned back on. Wonder if new valve to shut off work area, also shut off hot water. Pulling on the pressure relief would show cold water making it in. Check any
    Water Heater Valves.
    lcmcl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 07:46 AM
    I turned all valves counter clockwise the only hot water in the lines 1 goes to the heater & another line is hot but seems to just cool off in the line where there is no valve

The shower shut off taps were installed way up in the ceiling of the utility room ( just under the shower/tub)

Do all valves turn counter clockwise to allow open flowing? It cost over 200 $ for these new valves to be put in & then when the shower faucet is finally repaired it will cost another 200 I am sure so I hate to ask them to come in again today if this is something I can figure out... every now & then when I mess with the valves to check once again I must get some water in the line because I will turn on a hot tap & there will be a trickle of cool then it goes dry again...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Most likely some crud has gotten knocked loose and lodged in an elbow or valve near the hot water heater. Don't mess with the pressure relief valve. Opening it can let crud in it, and then it leaks. Use the drain on the bottom instead. If you get water out of it, then shut the water off to the heater, and remove the outlet line. Crack the valve to the heater, and see if you get water out. If so, go to a mixer faucet, with the line off and turn the hot and cold both on. Hold you hand over the faucet forcing the cold back the hot to flush the crud out the disconnected line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water coming from hot water tap [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, This morning I had a shower.. no problem the water was piping hot as usual I got ready and went to work. My wife, who works nights, got up a few hours later and also had a shower... no problem. When my wife tried to run the hot water tap a few hours later to do some washing up there was no...

Loads of rust in hot water faucets [ 1 Answers ]

We have been away from our hse. For long periods over the last several years... only this last trip did we discover LOADS and LOADS of thick rust coming out of all hot water faucets. We totally drained the water heater, flushed it out, refilled and still seem to have a problem though not nearly as...

No hot water from any faucets [ 1 Answers ]

I am not getting any hot water, actually not getting any water from any of my hot water faucets.

Dirty Water Coming From Cold Faucets [ 2 Answers ]

Please help! Our house is about 105 years old. We just started noticing that all the cold faucets upstairs are dispensing dirty cold water. (The hot water faucets are fine.) This is affecting our toilet, bathtub, and sink. Downstairs faucets do not seem to be affected. My husband did...

Hot water in cold faucets [ 1 Answers ]

Suddenly I now have hot water coming out of the cold faucet side of my bath and powder rooms. My shower has the kind of diverter that has anti scald and has always worked great. Now if someone flushes the toilet it gets cold. Is the diverter the problem? Brett

View more questions Search