Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sara699 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Can't put on/off knobs on cold/hot water faucet connection
    My bathroom was remodeled by a non-pro who put drywall in between the existing tile wall and the new tub surround. Now the cold and hot on/off knobs won't fit because the stems they mount on aren't long enough due to the additional dry wall. Extensions to the stems were suggested, but none could be found. Is there a way to fix this? It's currently impossible to turn the water on and off! Thank you
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sara699
    My bathroom was remodeled by a non-pro who put drywall in between the existing tile wall and the new tub surround. now the cold and hot on/off knobs won't fit because the stems they mount on aren't long enough due to the additional dry wall. extensions to the stems were suggested, but none could be found. is there a way to fix this? it's currently impossible to turn the water on and off!! thank you
    Hard to say w/out knowing the brand and model #.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 14, 2007, 06:52 AM
    They do make stem extensions for certain brands but since you haven't provided any details we can't be of much help. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sudden loss of hot & cold water pressure in one faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Recently the pressure in both the hot and cold faucets on one bathroom sink dropped to almost nothing. We replaced the very old faucet with a new one but it did no good. We still have just the tiniest trickle out of both hot and cold. The tub and toilet in the same room are not affected. The...

Hot and cold connection [ 1 Answers ]

On my whirlpool tub, what side should the hot water be hooked up to. Before entering the tub, is hot on the left, therefore when in the tub, the hot is on the right side? That is the current set up. Is that correct? Thanks Tom H

Need to replace shower hot and cold knobs [ 1 Answers ]

My house is a little over 50 years old. The shower leaks water from the tub faucet when it is set to come from the shower head. Also the water never fully stops leaking even when the knobs are set to off. I think the wahers are old and have read about replacing "seats" online but can't figure it...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search