Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FrustratedRob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2005, 01:19 PM
    Water pressure problems
    My water preasure (new house) seems OK for normal things, showers, sinks, appliances but there is not enough pressure to push small sprinkler zone, bath tub has very low out put, hose very low out put, anything that uses a large amount of water. If these are turned on the sinks and appliances reduce a great deal, can barely get water from frig door. I can flush the toilet with no affect on shower. The plumber has moved the sprinkler to the street side of the house regulator, this did not help. No other houses around me have this problem. Gauge hooked to spicket or water heater says 67psi, If you turn on the sprinkler, tub or kitchen sink pressure drops to 35-40psi. Most people suggest kink or clog in main water supply, if so how can I determine this without digging this all up? Any other suggestions what could cause this.
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2005, 07:30 PM
    Are you on...
    Quote Originally Posted by FrustratedRob
    My water preasure (new house) seems ok for normal things, showers, sinks, appliances but there is not enough pressure to push small sprinkler zone, bath tub has very low out put, hose very low out put, anything that uses a large amount of water. If these are turned on the sinks and appliances reduce a great deal, can barely get water from frig door. I can flush the toilet with no affect on shower. The plumber has moved the sprinkler to the street side of the house regulator, this did not help. No other houses around me have this problem. Gauge hooked to spicket or water heater says 67psi, If you turn on the sprinkler, tub or kitchen sink pressure drops to 35-40psi. Most people suggest kink or clog in main water supply, if so how can I determine this without digging this all up? Any other suggestions what could cause this.
    ... city water or your own well/pump? A water pressure drop of 50% may be significant enough to warrant a visit by your water utility.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2005, 10:37 PM
    It sounds to me like there is a restriction before the regulator since moving the sprinkler didn't help. Is the water meter at the curb? If so, beat on the builder. He is responcible for the piping from it to the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Well Pressure Problems [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having trouble with my well and I know nothing about them! Sometimes I have water when I turn on faucet and sometimes I do not. Sometimes water will be on when I turn on faucet and then go off. When the water is running it is like I can hear the pressure in the pipes fluctuating (going up &...

Water tank height versus water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not a physicist so I need your help. I live in Mexico. We have a water tank sitting on the roof - there is no pressure pump. The water pressure in the house is very low. Is there a rule of thumb (for the common man) that will tell me how how much pressure increase will result from raising...

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

Water pressure/water softener? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a "waterfall" faucet in my tub (separate shower). I turned on the water to the tub the other day and it barely runs. Then tonight my daughter was running the tub faucet and I had no hot water pressure to the kitchen. This has never been a problem. I understand from reading that we may...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search