Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martina1099 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 08:22 PM
    When I turn the shower on the water still comes out the faucet
    I have 3 knobs... hot water cold water and to turn the shower on is in the middle.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 2, 2010, 08:49 PM

That middle knob is your diverter and its seal is shot. Do you know the brand or can you post a pic? Most can be rebuilt for a few $$
    martina1099 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 11:32 AM

I can post a pic when I get home this evening but this house is 30+ yrs old and the bathtub doesn't look any younger.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2010, 12:44 PM

Most of the 3 knobs faucets looks like the images below, as Ballenger (Bob) says the problem is with your diverter washer, remove the stem and the washer at the end of the stem take it to a Home depot or Lowe’s get a replacement, I would suggest to replace all 3 Hot, Cold, and Diverter washers at this time, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Water when I turn on bathtub/shower faucet [ 7 Answers ]

I have not used the tub/shower faucet in some time. Today when I went to turn on the faucet, no water comes out. Help

Shower water shuts off during shower. Have to turn water off and turn back on [ 1 Answers ]

While showering the watr stops. I turn shower off and back on and water starts

Exterior Water Faucet will not turn. How do I get it to turn again. [ 2 Answers ]

I went to turn the water on in the back and it will not turn. How do I unlosen it? Thanks

Shower faucet will not turn off [ 1 Answers ]

Faucet is mounted on wall and is for shower head only. This spring, after de-winterizing our boat, the shower faucet will not turn off the water. It is a one handle swival faucet. Thanks to anyone who can help. Barb

Water suppressor needed on lavatory faucet and shower faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Are water suppressors needed in the bathroom sink faucet and the shower stub out also? And can you just use a length of pipe on a T, or must you use those copper chambers? (cpvc system) thanks

View more questions Search