Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pslenzi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Bathroom wash basin hot water faucet will not turn
    Initially the faucet handle was stiff and very hard to turn ,now it will not turn at all.and is stuck OFF
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Is this a single handle faucet or are there two handles, one hot one cold.

Jan 9, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Two handles .one hot ,one cold

Jan 9, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Shut off the supply to the offending handle and back off the nut on the tsem. Once the nut is loose you should be able to unscrew the stem and inspect. You might want to put a few drops of WD 40 on the stem just above the nut and allow to soak for a few minutes before you start.

Jan 9, 2008, 09:59 AM
    In my attempt to turn off the water supply to the offending handle... the supply handle was also offended . I was able to turn the cold water supply hanlde w/o any problem. I will need to buy the spray WD-40 to reach the hot water supply handle to see if that will loosen it enough for it to be turned. I will spray it and wait a little while to see if that will loosen it up enough.I may need to wait for my son to get home from work to use his longer/stronger arms/hands/fingers. The hot water cutoff is behind a long horizontal pipe and I can't quite reach it to get a good hold of it, but either way it should have turned a little bit one way or the other (righty tighty /lefty loosey )...

Thank you for your help though (so far)..
    I hope to report back much success

Jan 9, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Yep "righty tighty /lefty loosey " so you are turning counterclockwise to say it differently. Some fella actually makes a big red cap that fits over stop cock handles to make them easier to turn. I must be getting old, I own one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turn faucet on in bathroom but water run in slow stream [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum. Can someone please direct me? I need to fix my bathroom sink. When I turn the water on a slow stream runs; the water doesn't come on full blast. It was running a bit more earlier but I adjusted the gauges underneath the sink and got the results above. ...

Water is always hot when I turn on the faucet. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm used to living in places where the water in the pipes is always cold. In my current home, the water in the pipes is always hot. I have to literally turn on the cold water and let the hot water run out. Does anyone know what causes this? I'm concerned that I'm losing quite a bit of energy...

Wash basin fitted to vanity unit [ 1 Answers ]

Installing a vanity unit in the bathroom with a wash basin which fits into the work top instructions say to glue it to the top is this safe or do it need to be secured to the wall

View more questions Search