Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmurs116 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 05:56 AM
    Kitchen drain clogged back up when toilet and bathroom sinks run
    We have septic tank. Ranch style house.
    Have tried every chemical. Have snaked plastic kitchen pipes. Flushing toilet in bathroom to the left of kitchen and running water in the bathroom sinks backs up the kitchen drain but tub is not affected . Second bathroom not affecting kitchen drain. Water filter connected to sink and no problem getting filtered water. Cleaned once the hose to where filtered water comes out. Possible plugged again?
    Where is the clog? Why should flushing the toilet backup in the kitchen sink? Water eventually goes down but running the water afterward slows the water going down. Water coming up in not sewage.It is the water in the kitchen pipes. I used a plunger once in one bathroom sink and in the kitchen. Could I have made the clog worse?
    Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 22, 2010, 06:23 AM

Have tried every chemical.
    As a repair plumber I have never recommended using harsh chemicals. In your drainage system. Besides they only seem to work in TV commercials and when you try to remove the water you could burn your hands or damage your eyes.
    You have a blockage downstream from the kitchen sink. This clog must be snaked from the kitchen roof vent. Put out enough snake to reach the base and 20 feet more. Flush wit a sink full of hot water. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 clogged bathroom sinks that sit back to back. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! My problem consists of two clogged bathroom sinks that sit back to back. The toilet and shower in each room are not clogged and have no problems. I snaked the vents from the roof of each room with 3/8" snake but this didn't clear the clog. I've removed and cleaned both p-traps from each sink...

Kitchen sinks won't drain at all [ 1 Answers ]

My double kitchen sink was a slow drain that has turned into a sink that does not drain at all. Help! If it is a venting problem where exactly do I look for a vent or an air admittance valve? These were mentioned in previous articles.. which is great if you know what and where they are! :) We...

Bathroom sinks Run Slow [ 1 Answers ]

We moved into a new home, both bath room sink drain are very slow, but shower and tub are fine. WE have tried drain cleaner but no change.

Dual kitchen sinks clogged [ 3 Answers ]

My two kitchen sinks are clogged. I have a garbage disposal and a dishwasher. When I turn on the garbage disposal all the water in that sink goes into the other sink. When I turn in off the water in the other sink flows back into the garbage disposal sink.

My bathroom sinks will not drain [ 1 Answers ]

Help, the doulble lavatory in my kids bathroom will not drain. I have tried the small plunger and when I plung one, the water will fill up more in the other sink. Can you help me. Thanks, The woodlands, Texas

View more questions Search