Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 05:04 PM
    No water in kitchen sink
    I was washing dishes last week when I suddenly lost all hot and cold water from the kitchen sink. The spray attached to the faucet works, but hardly any water comes out when I just open the faucets (two handles). There also appears to be no water getting to the dishwasher adjacent to the sink, but the refrigerator on the other side of the sink still dispenses water. The water pipes are under the house. Can you help?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 20, 2006, 08:12 AM
    Hi James,

Have you removed the aerator from the spout and checked and cleaned the screens? With the aerator off opoen up the hot and cold, do you have pressure noiw? The spray working tells me that you have pressure to the valve body. That's good. Let's do one thing at a time. Check the sreator and get back to me with the results. Cheers, Tom

Nov 20, 2006, 10:40 AM
    Hi, speedball, thank you for your answer; I don't know how to get to the aerator, tried to take the top off the stem, I think (in the middle of the unit), but couldn't budge it. Am I even in the right place?
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 20, 2006, 11:20 AM
    Hey James,

"Have you removed the aerator from the spout and checked and cleaned the screens?"

The spout is the part the water comes out of. The aerator screws on the end of the spout. Check it and get back to me. Regards, Tom

Nov 20, 2006, 01:34 PM
    Thanks, Tom. I cleaned the aerator screen (there were a couple of small pieces of grey plastic on top when I removed the screen assembly), ran the water with the screen off, but got the same results. I did notice that when I turn on the spray, a little more water (more than the trickle I get by just turning the hot and cold taps) comes out of the spout, and the spray is full force. The spray appears to be connected between the hot and cold lines; there is also a garbage disposal, didn't know if that's important. Thank you for the help,
    James.
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 21, 2006, 04:13 PM
    Hi James,
    Shut the water off to the faucet under the cabinet and open up the faucet,(see image). Check for more pieces of plastic and clean out the seats. Now place a pan over the open faucet and turn the water back on for a minute to flush out the supplies. Did you gett a full stream now? If not then turn the water off at the house stop and remove the angle stops under the cabinet. Hold a pail over the open stubouts and have someone turn the water back on to flush the stubouts. You should have a strong stream coming out of the stubouts. If not get back to me.

Also, if there's a lot of plastic in the lines and faucet check the dip tube in the water heater to see if it has broke down.
    Good luck, Tom

Nov 21, 2006, 09:23 PM
    Thanks, Tom. I'll try it and get back to you; I really appreciate the help.

James

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No cold water from kitchen sink [ 4 Answers ]

Any help is appreciated in advance. Before I call the plumber because I'm a plumbing novice. I thought I would search the internet and see what I can find out. For some reason today my the cold water faucet in my kitchen sink is no longer working. The hot water flows just fine, but not the...

No Water Kitchen Sink [ 4 Answers ]

I have a similar problem with my kitchen sink. It doesn't matter which, hot or cold, is being used. I moostly use the hot as it is closer to my work area. We have hot and cold water with no issues not 10 feet away in a 1/2 bath. The dishwasher is connected through the same sink pluming and...

Water Backing Up into Kitchen Sink [ 1 Answers ]

I hope I am in the right category. My house is 2 years old and has a septic tank system. This is a single level house over a full basement. This morning, for the 1st time, when running the washing machine we heard a loud gurgling noise in the kitchen sink. When we turned on the dish washer at...

Kitchen Sink Water Pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I attempted to change out my kitchen sink sprayer hose, when I turned the water back on I get ver little water pressure from either hot or cold water.

Little water pressure in the kitchen sink [ 5 Answers ]

I have lttle to no pressure when I turn on the water in the kitchen sink. The cold it really strong. I am clueless and don't know what to do. Please help! :(

View more questions Search