Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atidsbur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Hot Water Heaters
    The hot water in the shower goes from hot to cold when no other water in the house is running. What would cause and how can I fix?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 4, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by atidsbur
    The hot water in the shower goes from hot to cold when no other water in the house is running. What would cause and how can I fix?
    Several things would cause the condition that ypu have. I'm assuming that you have a electric water heater. The dip tube could be faulty allowing cold water to enter the hot water line or the lower element could be burned out and when the hot water's run out of the top of the heater there's nothing coming from the lower element to replace it. I would check the lower element first. Good luck, Tom
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2007, 06:55 PM
    I agree with tom, in addition, do you have only one water heater? If 2, how are they piped? Also, some moen valves cross over and if a faucet is capped it can cross over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low Boy Hot Water Heaters [ 3 Answers ]

Can you tell me if Low Boy Hot Water Heaters are available for natural gas, we are looking to relocate ours into a crawl space, and we can only do this if we can use a low boy

Water heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I have replaced the thermocouple in the gas hot water heater but the pilot still goes out. What could be wrong

Hot water heaters [ 4 Answers ]

My hot water heater has rusted out on the bottom I went to home depot and they told me that there is a new code law in the state of Maryland that all hot water heaters have to have an over flow tank added to their system so I am trying to find out if this is correct or not cause I have never heard...

Tankless water heaters [ 5 Answers ]

I was looking into tankless water heaters and wondering if it would be worth while to switch to one when its time to replace my standard hot water tank- has anyone installed one of these, and are they worth the extra money vs. a standard tank?

How to plan gas pipe job to hook-up tankless hot water heaters [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Ask Me Help Desk, I am installing two Paloma 200K BTU tankless hot water heaters in our L-Shaped 2900 square feet 1963-built rancher in Atlanta, GA. I am trying to decide if I should tackle the gas line part of the job. I have successfully done a number of small gas jobs which required...

View more questions Search