Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mori H Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2011, 06:10 PM
    My ac is not cooling and the fan in outside unit is not moving, why?
    My ac is not cooling so I went outside to check the unit outside and the fan is not coming on. Does this mean I need a run cap?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2011, 07:33 AM
    It could,yes maybe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan problem on Heating/Cooling unit. [ 1 Answers ]

Our heating/cooling unit comes on, however the fan does not. We have replaced the thermostat but the fan still does not come on. Any suggestions?

Furnace fan runs but outside unit doesn't. No cooling. No 24V at the outside unit. [ 7 Answers ]

My furnace fan was running in AC mode for a long time but it wasn't getting cooler. I checked the air from a register, sure enough, not cool. I checked the outside condenser unit and it's not running. I checked for 220V at the disconnect on the outside unit. 220VAC present. I pushed down...

Fan on electric heat/cooling unit will not kick off [ 10 Answers ]

Our electric heating cooling unit continuously runs. During the winter we had to run the heat on emergency heat because the unit would not kick, the house always stayed comfortable. Now we have attempted to run the unit the last 2days (for the first time for this spring) it cools very well but...

AC Unit Cooling Fan Not Running [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. My son's HVAC unit is an older Carrier model and needs replaced, but he is trying to limp through this summer until he can afford to buy a new one. The problem is the cooling fan will not run in the outside unit. I took a look at it and the contactor is pulling in and the compressor is...

Rheem sealed AC unit - fan and cooling problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3.5 ton Rheem A/C and heat sealed unit that is 9 years old. Recently noticed that no matter what temperature we set thermostat for it never gets cooler than 79 yet the electric bill has doubled since last month when it was working properly. When the programmable thermostat is on...

View more questions Search