Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ElwoodBlue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 06:50 PM
    How close can a meter socket be mounted to HVAC unit or a window?
    How close can a meter socket be mounted to HVAC unit or a window in NC?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2011, 03:44 AM
    The meter can be directly next to a window, the connections at the top of the riser must be at least 3 feet away from a window.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Double meter can socket? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question.. I am a licensed electrician and wanted to know if I can have two separate meters on my house , a double meter service one for the storage shed separate from the house meter.. what it is is that I want to feed a 100 amp service to the shed panel and a 200 amp to the exhisting...

Adding a 3 Ganged Meter Socket [ 9 Answers ]

Hello I have a 4 unit apartment building with 2 meter sockets and 2-150Amp breaker panels. The entire building is fed from these 2 meters and I would like to add a 3 gang meter socket and separate all the apartments and have one extra meter for Landlord use. I checked with the power company and...

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Attaching meter socket [ 3 Answers ]

Simple question here. I need to mount a new meter socket to the outside of my cabin. What do you guys usually use to do that? Lag screws? Bolts? What size? While there are plenty of rules governing the installation and mounting of the mast, I can't find anything in the local code that gives...

View more questions Search