Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    engineer46 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 11:32 AM
    Furnace Operating Problem
    My furnace is 5 years old. Will not stay lit. The igniter lights, the gas valve open, stays on for 30 seconds and shuts down and does it over and over. Never staying operational. Please help.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Dec 16, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Clean flame sensor with emory cloth...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant furnace problem [ 20 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a 5 y/o 80% eff bryant furnace. The problem I have is that my furnace Doesn't always kick on even when thew thermostat shows the temp under the Temp set. I will sometimes have to go down and turn of the blower switch on the furnace wait a couple seconds and then turn it on again....

Furnace with Generator problem? [ 27 Answers ]

I have a York Two-Stage Deluxe Diamond (PDU) furnace that I have recently wired to a 6 CKT transfer switch (Reliance Controls) to use with my Coleman 6250 (5000watt) gas generator. All my ckts. Work well with the generator connected, except the furnace. I switched ckts on the transfer switch-no...

I have AC, but no heat... Is the problem my furnace? [ 7 Answers ]

At first, my motor fan would cut off. After replacing the fuses, it kicked back on and I had cool AC. Later down the line, I noticed frost on the pip leading from the furnace to the motor fan. I purchased some insulating tape and called it a day. It seemed to keep it from freezing. Now, I tried...

Electric furnace problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old coleman electric furnace which is not working properly. The problem is that when the blower will quit when it is supposed to but the heating coils keep heating no matter what I do with the thermostat. I have had to cut the unit off at the breaker to stop the unit from heating. Any...

Problem with my furnace blower [ 8 Answers ]

I have a problem with my furnace blower. You can hear it trying to start but it doesn't. It's a 115V motor, 1/3 hp, 6.6A. I put an amp meter on hot leading to motor and it drew 20.9Amps. What could it be? The motor is not seized because I am able to turn the pulley by hand. Could the...

View more questions Search