Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mark Warden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2013, 06:32 AM
    Question about reversing valve
    I have a 2 ton split heat pump unit (unionaire brand) I have had many different repair people out and no one can seem to repair. The system will not cool or heat even though the compressor is coming on. The high side pressure is low and the low side pressure is high. One tech said it was a bad compressor and replaced it only to still have the same problem, $700.00 later he left scratching his head. I had another tech look at it and he told me it again has a bad compressor. I have a hard time believing this although just because it's new does not make it good? I just do not want to continue throwing parts and money at it. I have read a lot on the net on heat pump systems and found a couple threads that said the reversing valve could be stuck in such a position that the compressor would be circulating through itself. If I need to replace the reversing valve, is a valve a valve? If the line size and configuration and coil voltage is the same will it work?

Thanks for your help, Mark

Check out some similar questions!

Reversing valve [ 1 Answers ]

Reversing valve on 5 ton Rheem stuck in middle in heat mode. No heat. If I turn unit on and off a few times valve works - good heat ?

Trane reversing valve [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get prints so I can find out why my reversing valve solenoid is not getting power on my Trane? The unit is about 12 years old.

Reversing valve not reversing [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman package heat pump model PHJ030-1A. I found a leak in the condenser coil, in the "U" shape joint. I made some checks, reversing valve coil: the resistance was 17. Something ohms, found 24 volts going to the coil, but didn't check for amps. O.K. Would low freon stop the reversing...

Reversing valve [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to start up a water to air heat pump. The high side r-22 kicks out at 400psi within 3 seconds whether in cooling mode or heating mode. The reversing valve (alco 401RD-10F57) clicks but seems to be the only obstruction that would prevent refrig. Flow. There seems to be no suction side change....

Reversing valve or Compressor? [ 1 Answers ]

Stuck on this: Unit has equal pressures when it starts up... compressor does not sweat even from common suction... the reversing valve selenoid clicks but does not switch... I know pressures along with 24v switch the reversing valve... but it seems valves are bad in compressor? Any help would be...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.