Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    overcastdad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 10:52 AM
    I have a Lennox HS29-030-1p central air unit. Yesterday it stopped working. I went ou
    I have a Lennox HS29-030-1p central air unit. Yesterday it stopped working. I went out and got two fuses from Home Depot. They said I had 20 amp fuses. The unit says it is a 30 amp unit and you can use 30 amp fuses as the max. It came back on with the 20's, but I am now getting no cold air. I tried resseting the breakers on my electrical panel (which was not tripped at all) but that didn't work either. My friend mentioned there might be a panel on the unit with a reset button?

But another thing I noticed, when I had the unit on and I was in the garage where my breaker panel is, my lights dimmed and I heard a buzz from the panel. That panel, the breakers and wiring were all replaced two years ago by Gold Medal. Do you think this is a problem with the unit or my electrical wiring?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2010, 11:02 AM

Probably need a new start capacitor for the ac compressor.
    overcastdad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    Probally need a new start capacitor for the ac compressor.
    Thank you for answering. Is it a costly repair? I just came off having a stroke two weeks ago and I can't do anything myself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox Elite Series HS29-030-1P Problems [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Lennox Elite Series HS29-030-1P air conditioning unit and the compressor will not start. You will hear a buzzing sound then it stops, it about a minute it tries again then stops. What are the best ways to test the starter cap and the compressor to isolate the problem. The starter...

Lennox condensing unit mod# HS29-030-1P [ 3 Answers ]

Great service, here, at askmehelpdesk/heating & ac. Been reading up on past Q&A, and have performed basic TS on my 9 yr-old Lennox condensing unit (mod# HS29-030-1P). When it failed a few days ago, the first thing I noticed was the rusty dual-run cap (C12). It showed no "bowing", but I could feel...

My central unit has stopped working. Please help! [ 7 Answers ]

A couple of months ago, my blower started making a terrible sound like the bearings were going out. My roommate kept running the unit even though I told him not to. About a week later, the unit stopped working altogether. I'm not certain, but I think it may just be the blower motor. I am a bit...

Lennox HS29-030-1P won't work [ 5 Answers ]

I have an HS29-030-1P that quit working. When I turn on the air, the outside unit makes a click sound then nothing. The fan outside does not move. Had a tech check it and was told the compressor is bad. A friend suggested it might be the relay or run capacitor because of the clicking sound and...

Central AC unit stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, My Lennox Model HS18-261-C8P (made in 1988) has stopped working. There was a bit of a hum sound coming from the unit for a while, then nothing. Any suggestions? Many thanks

View more questions Search