Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CakeLady Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

Apr 3, 2008, 03:06 AM
    Trolls on CL?
    Does anyone know anything about Craigslist? I'm being trolled there by someone, and they seem to know things about me. They've even posted my name and email address on there.

The people at CL are of no help at all. They say in order to find out WHO the troll is, I have to have a subpoena for them to release the info on that person who posted the things about me.:cool:

So what I guess I'm asking is, does anyone know how to go around the anonymizing they have there? Is there a way?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Basically craigslist is telling you they don't care enough about you and your safety to do anything, they can trace IP address of the poster if they wanted to.

You have to make a formal criminal charge of hassassment against the person posting this, and let the police handle it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 3, 2008, 06:28 AM
    In Craigslist's defense, they are not the police. They could get sued by this person for revealing his info without a court order. So if this person is harassing you, you should report it to the authorities and see if they can get the writs necessary to identify the stalker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated Movie Title (A Mine, Trolls, etc.) [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, I saw this animated movie more than six years ago and recently remembered some of it, but not the title or characters' names. It's about a little girl whose father works in a mine. A sorcerer (or something) and his army of trolls (or other mythical creatures) try to flood the mine near...

View more questions Search