Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kourso Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 10:11 AM
    XT260 Weedeater Featherlite Brand Repair
    My Weedeater was making a heavy clunking sound and then froze up right after I sprayed some starter fluid into the air intake. I don't know if I should have tried the starting fluid on a 2 cycle engine.
    I took the engine housing apart after I got the engine unfroze and found a screw driven through the plastic housing.
    When I opened the engine shroud I saw the ignition module/coil stuck magnetically to the flywheel with only one screw securing it somewhat to the base.
    I put the coil back on and there is not much air gap with the flywheel at all. I was confused as to where the ground wire from the kill switch should go. I screwed it down with one of the coil screws, it had a washer type terminal on the end.
    I did clean the flywheel surfaces and coil surface with an emery board.
    Now the engine seems to rotate better with a little clanking but seems to be back to near normal condition.
    BUT IT WILL NOT EVEN POP!!
    HOW CAN IT TEST/CHECK THE VOLTAGE/SPARK ON THE WEEDEATER,
    I HAVE A DVVM (digital voltmeter) How can I use it, what dc voltage/ohms??
    Any ideas on this,
    Please help me ASAP,

Kenny
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2007, 04:01 PM
    If you have clanking, you may not be repairing this unit. Sounds like you have done excessive internal damage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WeedEater FeatherLite [ 5 Answers ]

I have a WeedEater FeatherLite gas trimmer and last weekend it just stopped working as I it was in use. I tried to start it up and the pull string won't move an inch. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks

Weedeater featherlite [ 7 Answers ]

I purchased a weedeater featherlite at a yard sale, so there's no owners manual. What is the proper start procedure? I know nothing about using clutches (unless they're in a car :o )

Weedeater (featherlite xt260) losing power [ 1 Answers ]

I have a featherlite xt260 weedeater that looses power after running a short period. Starting is not a problem and RPM's seem good at initial start up. The problem is that it begins to loose RPM's shortly after I begin trimming grass and will eventually die. I've cleaned the air filter. I have...

Weedeater Featherlite Plus [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'd like to find an exploded view diagram, specifically of the fuel tank, filter, and fuel lines of a "WEEDEATER FEATHERLITE PLUS" by Poulan. Hope you can help.

Featherlite Weedeater [ 2 Answers ]

Hi:I wonder could someone tell me the proper procedure how to install the fuelline and filter inside the fuel tank on my Featherlite Weedeater? The old fuelline is cracked in several places and need to be replaced.It's the fuelline inside the fueltank.really appreciate it. Thanks Slade.

View more questions Search