Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LaMargarite Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2006, 07:50 PM
    Dryer Vent
    I need to install a dryer vent in an apartment and the ideal location on the outside of the building is 80' from the dryer. Is it an issue having an 80' dryer vent flex duct?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Dec 8, 2006, 03:08 PM
    The maximum length of a dryer exhaust duct shall not exceed 25' from the dryer location to the wall or roof termination. The maximum length of the duct shall be reduced 2.5' for each 45 degree bend & 5' for each 90 degree bend. Yhe maximum length of the exhaust duct does not include the transition duct.

Exception: Where the make and model of the clothes dryer to be installed is known and the manufacturer's installation instructions for such dryer are provided to the building official, the maximum length of the exhaust duct, including any transition duct, shall be permitted to be in accordance with the dryer manufacturer's installation instructions. IRC M1501.3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in clothes dryer vent [ 1 Answers ]

What causes water to accumulate in the clothes dryer vent leading outside?

Connecting dryer vent to bathroom vent? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know if I can connect my dryer vent to my bathroom vent using a t-connection? Thanks Me

Dryer Vent [ 1 Answers ]

Why doesn't the water evaporate in my dryer vent?

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

View more questions Search