Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cher64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 08:00 AM
    Low Shower Pressure
    Could you please tell me why only 1 out of my 3 showers has low water pressure. This is a brand new home? They are Symmons Alure showers. The low water pressure is in the master bath (it is a stand up shower - no tub)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 10, 2006, 11:39 AM
    Hi Cher,

Remove the shower head and you will see a washer with holes around the edges. This is a water saver. It restricts the flow. Pry it out and toss it. If that don't work get back to me and we'll go to plan "B". Regards, Tom
    shamilton Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cher64
    Could you please tell me why only 1 out of my 3 showers has low water pressure. This is a brand new home? They are Symmons Alure showers. The low water pressure is in the master bath (it is a stand up shower - no tub)
    I live in Maine and have a well. My water pressure has always been bad. My wife and my children have always complained that they can not rinse the soap off their skin or the shampoo out of their hair. I think that I bought and tried every shower head that I could ever find in every home center and hardware store in New England. They were all junk!! Finally I found the solution at a small home show in Portland. A company was there that specializes in shower heads for low water pressure. Their name was Water Management in Boston, MA, and their website address is www.TAKEASHOWER.COM. They sold me a shower head that worked so well with my low water pressure that it almost felt like we had drilled another well. IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE!! Unlike all the other shower heads we bought this one actually worked. If you are suffering from low water pressure you MUST visit this website. I only wish that I had found this company 10 years ago when I first moved to Maine because I would have eliminated a decade of suffering in the shower for me, my wife and my family.
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 27, 2006, 12:03 PM
    I don't care what the advertisements say. You can not get more pressure or volume out of a showerhead or faucet then you put into it. To increase the volume of water out of the newer showerheads, remove the shower head and toss the water saver away. That's the rubber washer with the holes around the edge. Cheers, Tom
    shamilton Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 01:10 PM
    Tom,
    You are right that the flow restrictor does have something to do with it. The company that I bought this shower head from, engineers the showerhead to increase the velocity of the water coming out- speeding it up so it feels stronger. As they explained it to me it is like when you put your fingerer on the end of a house and the water hits you harder. It really works. I was skeptical also when I was at the show. There nothing to lose guarantee sold me to try it.
    -S
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 27, 2006, 01:18 PM
    Ahh! I understand. The principal behind this is that you're trading volume for pressure. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure at the shower/tub [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I have a serious problem in one of my bathrooms. The cold water pressure of the shower/tub is fine. But when I turned the knob towards the hot, the pressure drops all of a sudden, too low to take a hot shower. The sink 3 feet away has both excellent hot and cold water pressure. I suspect...

Low water pressure in shower [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, We have recently moved to an apartment that had the (two) bathrooms renovated before we moved in. The renovation was done in such a way that it made the bathrooms worse than they were before we moved in. For starters, they put in all non-standard elements: sink, tub, toilet, faucets. We...

Another shower low pressure problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have read some of the other low pressure shower issues posted here but none seem quite the same. I don't have a one valve or three valve system. Mine is a two valve shower system... hot and cold. It is a shower, not a tub/shower. My problem is that the hot water pressure is really bad. I...

Low bath tub and shower pressure [ 2 Answers ]

We had a leak and some pipes had to be changed that lead to the shower head. We also had a new tub faucet installed. Pressure was low to both the shower and tub so we had the plumber return for an adjustment. It was OK for a while, but still not very much pressure. Several months passed and ...

Low pressure in my upstairs bathroom shower [ 7 Answers ]

I need some help. My bathroom on the 2nd floor has very little hot water pressure in the sink and shower... I cleaned out the screens and had my hot water heater flushed... any ideas?

View more questions Search