Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LaMargarite Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 10:41 AM
    HVAC Refrigerant Lines
    I am renovating a house and want to install the required refrigerant and drain lines inside a wall before closing it up so that in the future, I can install a compressor and air handler.

What is needed inside the wall to connect a compressor to an air handler?

Here's my questions:

I realize that it needs two lines of copper tubing and a drain line, but what type and size tubing is required?

What type of wire is needed for the thermostat? Can I use CAT 5 with 8strands of wire?

If there is some existing tubing can two sections of copper be connected together by soldering a coupler onto the tubing?

Check out some similar questions!

410 Puron vs. Are 22 refrigerant [ 12 Answers ]

I need to install an new central air conditioning complete system to replace what I now have. The existing ducts will remain. I understand that R 22 is being phased out and that by 2020 will no longer be permitted to be manufactured or be imported into the U.S.A. I also understand that Puron is...

Unscrupulous HVAC Technicians [ 2 Answers ]

Unscrupulous HVAC Technicians often use the symptoms arising from a bad run capacitor or contactor to sell a trusting homeowner a whole new air conditioner. If you have a quality air conditioner and furnace, and properly maintain it, it should last 25 to 30 years. If in doubt, always get second...

HVAC Transformer? Please help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, while changing my old thermostat to a new one I Didn't realize I had the wrong circuit breaker tripped In my home. Turns out that the new thermostat is not Compatible to the wiring in my house(I think) and After hook up there was no power to the thermostat. I Put the old one back on with...

Replace hvac transformer [ 1 Answers ]

My old lennox hvac transformer blew, it was a Basler be11349rcd29, 120volt to 24 volt 50/60 cycle, it has a white and a black wire comeing from it, I want to add a fuse to the correct line, I don't know much about electric stuff, how or where do I find a correct and affordable replacement part,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.