Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goatsgurl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2006, 10:53 AM
    Can I fix my low water pressure?
    The water pressure in my house has always had problems. If someone is in the shower we cannot turn on any other water source or the person in the shower gets scalded or frozen. Recently we installed a fridge with ice and water now our water pressure is very low. Is there a way to cure this? The water heater is a high efficiency and is only 6 yrs old.
    dmkegs Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Oct 14, 2006, 11:02 AM
    A couple of quick questions first.
    Can you find out what the pressure actually is?
    If you can see the pipe where it enters the house what size is it?
    Is this pipe galvanized (steel)?
    When was your house built?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2006, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmkegs
    Is this pipe galvanized (steel)?
    This may be the most important question. But also, check to be sure all valves between your meter and the outlets are fully open.
    goatsgurl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2006, 12:11 PM
    I do not know how to check for water pressure.
    The piping is copper
    The house was built in 1963
    dmkegs Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Oct 14, 2006, 01:49 PM
    If this has always been a problem since you moved in, and as Rick mentioned all your valves are wide open, you may need to do a little investigating. If you have and unfinished basement and can see some of the lines check to see that the pipe feeding each fixture does not reduce in size. The pipe going to the fixture probably will, but the main line should not. If you cannot check your pressure call your water department and ask them what the pressure in your area is. They can also tell you where your line is tapped off the water main and what the size of the water main is. Let me know what you find out.
    shamilton Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by goatsgurl
    The water pressure in my house has always had problems. If someone is in the shower we cannot turn on any other water source or the person in the shower gets scalded or frozen. Recently we installed a fridge with ice and water now our water pressure is very low. Is there a way to cure this? The water heater is a high efficiency and is only 6 yrs old.
    I live in Maine and have a well. My water pressure has always been bad. My wife and my children have always complained that they can not rinse the soap off their skin or the shampoo out of their hair. I think that I bought and tried every shower head that I could ever find in every home center and hardware store in New England. They were all junk!! Finally I found the solution at a small home show in Portland. A company was there that specializes in shower heads for low water pressure. Their name was Water Management in Boston, MA, and their website address is www.TAKEASHOWER.COM. They sold me a shower head that worked so well with my low water pressure that it almost felt like we had drilled another well. IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE!! Unlike all the other shower heads we bought this one actually worked. If you are suffering from low water pressure you MUST visit this website. I only wish that I had found this company 10 years ago when I first moved to Maine because I would have eliminated a decade of suffering in the shower for me, my wife and my family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure [ 8 Answers ]

We are on city water. When we are using only one source (sink, shower, etc.) our water pressure/flow is fine. As soon as another source is turned on the water pressure/flow drops considerably. I have seen this before, and of course it makes sense that when you are using more water there will be...

Low hotwater pressure, plumber wants $$ to fix, I think I can do it myself [ 35 Answers ]

I'm fairly handy but the whole gas/hot water thing intimidates me. I have a 10-12 year old Rheeem Ruud hotwater tank and my hot water be it hot - has horrible pressure from every faucet. The plumber wants at least $100 dollars to come fix it and said they know exactly what it is - and made...

Low water pressure with well? [ 6 Answers ]

I had a company install a new well in 02, the old the pipe broke ouside and he dug a new one near the old one, the guy put in a 230v pump(newell SP) hsp 1/3 lower than previous he said it wasn't necessary and he also put in a smaller tank, standard installation, he said I had overkill. When he...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

Low water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Sprinkler heads don't pop up.had sprinkler guy test pressure appx. 27psi,said it was too low. Talk to friend at water co.told only have gravity pressure.can't boost from city.want to know about boosterpumps,are they noisey,going to run sprinkler early in the morning.could I still have problem due...

View more questions Search