Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazyhorse1952 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Toilet bow water level
    How do I increase the water level in the toilet bowl?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 19, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Hey Crazy... If it is a ballcock assembly (there will actually be a ball float on threaded rod) then you can usually loosen a screw that is on top of the fill valve (at end of float rod) with a flat head screw driver.

If it is a fluidmaster type ballcock there will be a black float that is attached to the fill valve and floats vertically up and down the shaft of the fill valve. Here, there will be a spiral rod that has a plastic screw head (phillips head) integrally connected to the top of the spiral rod that will need to be turned to increase your water level.

There is an overflow tube at the center of toilet... do not let water level exceed that level... in fact, should be a about 1/2" to 1" below that overflow tube.

If my answer helped please RATE MY ANSWER below! Thank you.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 07:14 PM
    To increase the water level in the bowl, first pour water gently into the bowl and find the maximum level. Some have a lot and some have a little. The water in the bowl is called a water spot. The size of the water spot is determined by the way it is manufactured. Also, if you find it can be more, peek at the refill hose that connects to the overflow. This is what refills the bowl after the flush.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Water Level [ 5 Answers ]

How do I lower the water level in a toilet? I just bought a condo and the water level is much too high, it has to be lowered. How would I do it without calling a plumber? Can anyone help??

Water leakage + toilet bowl water level [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a new house (1.5years old) and I recently noticed water leakage from the ceiling just below the master bathroom on the 2nd floor. I called the home builders (I have warranty on this house) and they said they could not find any leaks and that it happened because of improper usage. I am...

Toilet bowl water level [ 2 Answers ]

The residual water level in my downstairs toilet bowl often goes down very low. Why?

Toilet water level [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, Does a toilet bowl water level fluctuate. In other words, my bowl looks to be fuller sometimes than others. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but when I flush, it sounds like the toilet is going to get sucked through the drain pipe. Everything appears to be operating...

Toilet water level [ 3 Answers ]

Toilet water level to low in bowl how do I fixe it :confused:

View more questions Search