Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ltallent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 12:57 PM
    Portable dishwasher
    I just bought a new kitchen faucet with a pull out sprayer as the main fixture. I have a portable dishwasher that worked fine with my old faucet. The attachment for the dishwasher did not fit in the new faucet so I purchased an adapter. The man at the store was worried the sprayer/faucet will not handle the constant pressure of the dishwasher cycle. Does anyone know?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 14, 2006, 04:31 PM
    Set your mind at ease. What constant pressure? I ought to kick this over to the appliance expert just to give him a good laugh. The only "pressure" your faucet will see is the pressure the house provides it. All the faucet provides is the water to fill the tub in the dishwasher, from there the dishwashers pump takes over. The faucet's left out of the action until water for the rinse cycle's called for. In short there's a reason "big box store" guys aren't out in the field doing plumbing work. They aren't plumbers!
    bigavsfan23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 06:32 PM
    So do they make adapters for faucets with pull out sprayers?
    capnted Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 08:19 PM
    From everything I've learned, there s no good way to connect a portable dishwasher to a pull-down faucet. The weight of the hose wll pull the faucet down into the sink. If you're OK with that, I suppose it would work.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 12, 2011, 05:58 AM
    Yes! They do make adapters that screw on the spout to supply portable dishwashers. Check them out at: Plumb Pak PP28003 Dishwasher Faucet Adapters Snap Fitting
    Good luck, Tom
    humming_bird Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2013, 02:11 PM
    Hi, I have a portable dishwasher with a pull-out faucet that does not have a removable aerator. I bought a Pfister Bixby pull-out faucet that does have a removable aerator, but it needs a 3/4" male 27T adapter. I can't find that anywhere. I also bought the standard adapter that speedball1 mentioned above. However, I can't find any pull-out faucets with that size (15/16 inch x 27 outside threads and 55/64 inch inside threads) removabe aerator.

Does anyone know of a decent pull-out faucet with a removable aerator that is 15/16" x 27?

Great thread, BTW.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to make my portable dishwasher stationary... [ 6 Answers ]

My old portable dishwasher was set up this way but it was like that when I got the house so I didn't do it. Can I just take the back of the new portable dishwasher, change the hoses so that they are long enough to run through the cabinets to a hot water line and drain pipe? The extra hot water...

Portable generator [ 2 Answers ]

QUOTE=tkrussell]The 100 volts is a bit low. Electrical device operate on +/- 10% , so the lowest volts supplied should be no lower than 108 volts. Incandescent lamps and electric heat will work fine on 100 volts. But any motors may overheat using 100 volts. Volts is usually changed on the...

Portable generators [ 2 Answers ]

I know there are a few threads about this but I wanted to clarify the answers for myself. First of all, we live in an area that has a high water table. I also heard the power goes out quite frequently. If that happens and our sump pump isn't able to work... well our basement will be in about 3-4...

Portable Generator [ 6 Answers ]

I am interested in purchasing a 5000 to 6200 watt portable generator to use during power outages. What are the safety concerns such as rain, snow, how far from any structues must it be used, and can it be placed on a deck? Also would like to here any recommendations as to what model and...

View more questions Search