Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ron Larson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Craftsman shallow well pump
    Hi,I installed a 1/2 hp pump,to pump water out of a canal.The intake sets only 6 ft. below the pump.When I turn on the pump,it works fine, until it runs out of water. Then the pump keeps running.It has a 30 / 50 pre-set pressure switch.It has a built in check valve.No pressure tank.What do I do to get the pump to shut off when it runs out of water? It's a new pump.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

May 5, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Larson
    Hi,I installed a 1/2 hp pump,to pump water out of a canal.The intake sets only 6 ft. below the pump.When I turn on the pump,it works fine, until it runs out of water. Then the pump keeps running.It has a 30 / 50 pre-set pressure switch.It has a built in check valve.No pressure tank.What do I do to get the pump to shut off when it runs out of water? Its a new pump.
    You could use (1) a flow switch, sensor to be installed in discharge get or (2)a water level(float) switch.make sure its, amp rate for your pump
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 05:21 PM
    The pressure switch will do nothing for you since you are not using a pressure tank. I would think the flow switch would be your ticket here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need a Shallow well pump ? [ 9 Answers ]

:cool: Hi, I just bought a cabin that has a spring on the property up above the house at an entry elevation that is maybe 7-10' above the roof line. My spring flows into a shallow holding well then flows through 1" sprinkler line (Black plastic hose) The water must flow constantly because...

Why are guys so shallow [ 36 Answers ]

every afternoon I go on an afternoon bus to home with a few of my friends. On the buds is a boys school and they like to show off all the time by singing and being loud etc . One of my friends is really pretty and she has kind of big boobs. Ever since she has broken up with her boyfriend all the...

How do you get water from a shallow well when pump will not suck water. [ 3 Answers ]

I have sunk a shallow well, (it does have water). I purchased a new pump. The pump does not suck water. I have primed the pump several times it does not want to suck water from the well. What do I need to do to obtain water.

New shallow pump-no water [ 3 Answers ]

Have 30 year old home with approx 30 year old 25' well.well not used for 3-4 years.installed new 1/2 hp pump with no tank.prime to top of plumbing,close valve and start pump.builds enough pressure to blow out primed fill but then stops pumping.how do I check for air.once empty can feel plenty of...

View more questions Search