Asked Aug 17, 2004, 06:48 PM
Please, I don't understand vector. I don't know how to solve or use it. :'(
Here are the question that I need help on.
1. Vector A points along the +y axis and has a magnitude of 100.00 units. Vector B points at an angle of 60.0 degrees above the + x axis and has a magnitude of 200.0 units. Vector C points along the +x axis and has a magnitude of 150.0 units. Which vector has the largest x component and the largest why component?
2. On takeoff, an airplane climbs with a speed of 180 m/s at an angle of 34 degrees above the horizontal. The speed and direction of the airplane constitute a vector quantity known as the velocity. The sun is shining directly overhead. How fast is the shadow of the plane moving along the ground? (that is, what is the magnitude of the hoizontal component if the plane's velocity?
3. You are on a treasure hunt and your map says "Walk due west for 52 paces, then walk 30.0 degree north of west for 42 paces, and finally walk due north for 25 paces." What is the magnitude of the component of your displacement in the direction due north and due west?
4. On safari , a team of naturalists sets out toward a research station located 4.9 km away in a direction 42 degrees north of east. After traveling in a straight line for 2.4 km, they stopand discover that they have been traveling 22 degrees north of east, because their guide misread his compass. What are the magnitude and the direction (relative to due east) of the displacement vector now required to bring the team to the research station?
5. A grasshopper makes four jumps. The displacement vectors are (1) 27.0 cm due west; (2) 23.0 cm, 35 degrees south of the west; (3) 28.0 cm, 55.0 degrees south of east; and (4) 35.0 cm, 63.0 degrees north of east. Find the magnitude and direction of the resultant displacement. Express the direction with respect to due west.
Please help me. I don't know, I just don't get it even thou I read about this so many time. Just an idiot. Arghh.. :'( :'( :'(..
I don't know how I'm going to do in this class soon.
Please help me.