Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minabruno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Point Charges
    Question is: Two point charges, +1 C on the left and -4 C on the right, are separated by 1 meter. At what point on the line joining the two charges is the electric field zero?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2007, 08:04 AM
    We don't like to just give away answers here.

Think about how the field is related to the distance, then have a go at finding the equilibrium point. Does the equilibrium point even exist for the charges you have?

Have a go at the answer, I'll be back in 40 minutes to have a look at your answer and help you if you are having trouble, if nobody else has jumped in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break-even point [ 8 Answers ]

I don't understand this question. How much will profits increase for every unit sold over the break-even point? This is all the information we have. I just don't get it. Any unit sold over the break-even point is an increase. How do you find out how much of an increase? Thanks in...

A few things I want to point out [ 47 Answers ]

I would like to begin this post by first saying that God created everyone in his image and He created us all EQUAL. So I just think everyone has the right to express their beliefs in everything including and especially the spiritual aspect. So my point being that if you all agree that we have this...

The best needle point [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best needle point kit

Zero Point Energy [ 3 Answers ]

What is the largest amount of energy that has been extracted so far directly from the vaccuum of space in ZPE experiments? For more info see: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Zero+Point+Energy

View more questions Search